What's new

Red Tip Overrated?

The Red Tips do seem to be overpriced relative to other razors. Especially those Red Tips that are listed on eBay as "Fatboys", "Fat handled razor", etc. :glare:

The claims about their aggressiveness are also way overrated. Their nice razors that give a little closer shave to those with a coarser, heavier beard. They won't slice your face off when you pick them up.

And, they are really cool looking razors, kind of like little red sports cars.

Oh wait, I missed the point of the OP. What I meant to say is:
- Red Tips suck!
- They're so ugly my other razors won't sit in the same razor rack with them!
- They're so mean Chuck Norris cringes in their presence and calls them "Sir" or "Mr. Red Tip"!

:cool:

Agreed. I've got three red tips that perform so poorly that I should PIF them all just to get them out of the house.

Beav if you decide to....I'm here with open arms. I picked up my horrid red tip from someone here. The reds are so awful that I have become a horrid red tip collector....so send them my way :tongue:

Red Tip's a bit harsh. The only plus I see versus a standard SS is the weigh and handle thickness. There are better ones out there...

For me, the ergonomics of the Red Tip work better than the "regular" SS. A little hype is warranted but it does seem to have gotten out of hand.

Since this is a serious thread and we are discussing very serious matters, I will speak the truth. God I love the taste of fresh watermelon! That is all, carry on.

I read so many people here talk about red tip with disgust.
Is there anyone here who wants to PIF me the red tip he really hates?

Last edited:
Screw the red tip :p

I bought a 1955 flare tip at the same time as my slim and I love the flare so much I have yet to give the slim a chance...not sure I ever will.

Top Bottom