What's new

Red Stamina Scales

I'm not having any luck getting feedback or a review on Red Stamina scales, specifically the scales used on Thiers Issard razors. I'm thinking of getting another Le Grelot and would like to know if the more expensive woods or horn hold up better. Does the stamina warp? Does the finish hold up? That kind of thing. Could anybody provide some information.

Thanks

One of my Le Grelot's came withe Red Stamina and I had no issues with it but I eventually rescaled it though. Horn like wood will go bad eventually and horn will crack if you don't dab some Neets Foot oil (or similar) on it. Wood isn't much better. Longevity IMO some G10 or micarta and even some acrylic will last. YMMV of course though.

It is just going to come down what you aesthetically prefer really.

I have had a Le Grelot for about a month now with the Red Stamina scales and have no complaints. I find the the blade will want to "stick" inside the scales but i'm sure that is because of the large Le Grelot blade. I say pull the trigger, if you aren't happy after some time you can always rescale for a lot less than the cost of a nice shaving blade. I think you will be pleased with the scales.

The red stamina TI uses are cheap.cheap, cheap and basically TI just dips the stuff in whatever sealant they have on them. They stand up very well for a long time but I wouldn't call them desirable.

Top Bottom