What's new

Red Lobster's Bloody Mary Comes Crowned With a Lobster Claw and Cheddar Bay Biscuit

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
“Red Lobster is dressing its new bloody Mary cocktail to the nines in its most famous foods.

The classic cocktail is served with a lobster claw and one of the restaurant's signature cheddar bay biscuits.

a cup of coffee on a table: red lobster bloody mary

Would you expect anything less from the country's most popular seafood restaurant chain? Now, we just need to settle one debate: is this an over-the-top cocktail or a drink-a-tizer (aka a drink appetizer)?

Lobster is dressing its new bloody Mary cocktail to the nines in its most famous foods. The classic cocktail is served with a lobster claw and one of the restaurant's signature cheddar bay biscuits.

Starting today, Monday, Dec. 30, you can get your hands on this monstrous bloody Mary, and it'll be available for ordering until February 2, 2020.

It's got all of the essentials—Tito's vodka, Red Lobster's own bloody Mary mix, jumbo shrimp, a green olive, a single lime wedge, a rim that's dusted with savory spicy chipotle BBQ seasoning, and probably the most intimidating ingredient of them all—a chilled lobster claw. But the real kicker? The drink is garnished with a warm Cheddar Bay Biscuit”.
1577769949007.gif
“In Bloodymary’s...there is truth”. CBJ

First of all, I will bet good money that when served the drink will look nothing like that picture. Second of all, I will go to Shoprite Supermarket, order 5 1-1/2 pound lobsters, have them steam them and pick them up to bring home before I'd ever step foot in a Red Lobster restaurant. Every single time I've gone they literally kill what could have been a delicious meal by overcooking the thing, no matter what it is, and drying it out until it's nothing but rubbery leather. Yuck. We've been doing the Shoprite thing every New Year's Eve for over 20 years. And I'm saving money to boot. Anywhere from $4 to $7 a pound on sale. I'll take my Ketel One over Tito's any day, and unadulterated by some canned mix. Just some ice and a wedge of lime and I'm good to go. Happy New Year!!!

That's like an umbrella drink, except made with food.

Clamato and well vodka over ice, hold the vegetables.

And later, hold the clamato.

-jim

... I will bet good money that when served the drink will look nothing like that picture....

Great points!

Years ago, we decided that it was more fun, and much safer, to spend New Years Eve at home drinking a nice Champagne than to risk being on the road with a bunch of inebriated folks!!

And I would not take that bet!! :thumbup: :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Hold the lobster claw, but I'll absolutely take one of those fat inducing heart attack ready biscuits with my bloody mary lol, they're so good.

We make the biscuits at home with the mix though, and really nice sharp cheese.

I've been disappointed in everything but the actual seafood at a red lobster, but nothing compares to a fresh local place when you live 40 minutes from the coast.

My favorite for bloody mary's is pickled green bean or asparagus, a good sweet pepper, several olives, and a clove of garlic.

Top Bottom