What's new

Red imp 700 vs red imp 700c

Have you figured out the difference @Suhrim21?
Perhaps the C stands for chrome tanned? Doesn't sound right and I really have no idea.
I recently picked up a 700, a good strop but I think not for me.

Have you figured out the difference @Suhrim21?
Perhaps the C stands for chrome tanned? Doesn't sound right and I really have no idea.
I recently picked up a 700, a good strop but I think not for me.

What don't you like about the 700?
It is a Shell Horse hide strop so it will be quick in use (little draw).

I have seen a few people say the 700c is cordovan leather. Does anyone know if this is correct? After I get working I'm going to get a 700 to have both next to each other to see if I can see or feel a difference between the two strops.

I have seen a few people say the 700c is cordovan leather. Does anyone know if this is correct? After I get working I'm going to get a 700 to have both next to each other to see if I can see or feel a difference between the two strops.

It was never referred to as Cordovan leather in its ads, only as their top of the line Shell.
Cordovan is a 6 month process that leaves leather exceedingly supple. Neither IMP is in the same category as Kanayama when talking about suppleness.

Gotcha. Thank you for that information. So leaves us back to what is the difference between the two.

I found a picture of an old ad for strops. I can't read everything but it says the 700c is a super shell. Whatever that means.

Well, it is super! But it does not say Corovan anywhere.
Can you post the ad you saw? I think its the one I have seen. I have looked for the same ad many times and can never seem to find it.
Thanks

Top Bottom