What's new

Red Dot

what red dot?

proxy.php

i think it might have something to do with you logged on but being "invisible." perhaps nick can chime in and clarify...

Joe,

The red dot is because you are "hidden". I just changed mine to see what would happen. And that does make sense...you are hiding, so we put a big red dot next to your name to draw attention to you. I don't get it!

Randy

Joe,

The red dot is something only you and moderators can see. It says that you're online but you're hidden. You can't see other people's red dots.

-Nick

Nick said:
Joe,

The red dot is something only you and moderators can see. It says that you're online but you're hidden. You can't see other people's red dots.

-Nick
Thanks Nick, DOTS good enough for me. :biggrin:
BTW Nick, what is the * (asterisk) next to someone's name when they are shown in the who's online??

guenron said:
Thanks Nick, DOTS good enough for me. :biggrin:
BTW Nick, what is the * (asterisk) next to someone's name when they are shown in the who's online??
Ron,

That WAS our little secret. It shows moderators (just like the red dot) who is online but hidden. :wink:

-Nick

I don't want to start trouble, but some of the moderators have grey dots and some have green. Does the green mean you're currently online?

Joe,

Green means currently online. If you will run your mouse over the dot, it will actually give you an explanation.

Randy

Yeah, it tells me I'm invisible. That's not exactly what I was hoping to see.

rtaylor61 said:
Joe,

Green means currently online. If you will run your mouse over the dot, it will actually give you an explanation.

Randy

Joe, do you want to be invisible? If not, below the Forums tab (at the top of the page), you will see "Quick Links". Click on the arrow, and scroll and click on Edit Options. This will allow you to change your setting.

Randy

Top Bottom