What's new

Recycling and old belt into a pipe rest

I have seen these around and some large or odd shaped pipes just dont fit in a regular pipe rest, sooooooooooo.
I was pretty sure i have kept belt that. Doesn’t fit or don’t wear hoping i could use them some how.
I ordered some fasteners and made my first recycled pipe rest from a belt.
Not too bad, ill make a few more in smaller sizes.
proxy.php

Ill just keep these in the lanai and use when needed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

yup. large pipes dont fit in reg rests, and i'm a pack rat, so had a belt to use. worked out good, will make a cpl smaller ones for reg pipes.
I can set that deeper in that also, i just rested it on top.
Got bolts from amazon, shipped in a cpl days.

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Funny. I was looking at Chicago bolts for that purpose last night.

I have a friend in my pipe club that makes these from old belts, and he uses Chicago screws for them. They work well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice! I made up a bunch of these a while back. Gave a bunch away haha. I used leather scraps from a hobby lobby and some snaps from home depot. They work great and pack down flat. Being flexible helps too.

I like to just use the black paper clip style binder thingys (yes that’t the technical name). I can undo it easily and open the strip up to fit in a small prncil case with some pouches of baccy and a pipe for travel. (Shown below holding the dark brown pipe next to the smoking buddha)
9C5EDFD3-7B48-48B0-AEDC-42E2EFC7CDCC.jpeg

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
I like to just use the black paper clip style binder thingys (yes that’t the technical name). I can undo it easily and open the strip up to fit in a small prncil case with some pouches of baccy and a pipe for travel. (Shown below holding the dark brown pipe next to the smoking buddha)View attachment 939510

That a nice man-shelf!

Top Bottom