What's new

Recruited my brother-in-law to wet shaving!

My brother-in-law is pretty much an occasional shaver. He heard my wife talking about me using old razors and a shaving brush to shave. He asked me about it and we started talking. I told him about all the benefits of using a DE razor and he went out and found a VDH starter kit. He has his grandfather's Old Spice mug and he started using the VDH soap and brush with his cartridge razor. He told me that he really liked using the shaving brush and soap, bu the was nervous about using a DE razor.

I polished up a Flare Tip Superspeed and gave it to him, along with some blades. He held on to it for a few days, then today he called me to tell me that he had tried it and had a great shave! He got so excited that he went online and ordered more blades. His beard doesn't grow all that quickly, but he wants to start shaving each day, only if he only needs 1-2 passes, so he can get more practice. (He even bought some cartridge razors recently, but didn't open then yet. Now he can't wait to take them back to the store!)

This is the first time that I have been able to help get someone I know get started in wet shaving and I'm kind of excited about it. I know that this isn't for everyone, but I'm glad that I was able to help someone discover the amazing benefits of wet shaving.

Good work! I recruited a friend of mine and now I get text messages with pictures of lather and razors....oh boy.

Top Bottom