What's new

Recovered shaving soap both hard/soft milled

Okay from several tubs I have lots of scraps of shaving soap in a spare tub. How would I process it into a usable tub? Otherwise someone point me to a how-to article. Thanks!

Grate the hard scraps into a bowl. Anything too soft to grate gets chopped into small pieces and thrown into the bowl. Dampen, mix together well, and press into the tub you want the soap to reside in.

Or you could separate the two.

I hesitate to recommend heat because I don't know what soaps you have and some are not heat tolerant.

Yes - grate/dice and then swirl around with a brush and water to smooth down. I once tried to microwave a mixed soap and some parts sort of burned whilst others merely softened. I agree with the comment that some soap is NOT heat tolerant!

I would probably just wet it really well and smoosh them all together with my hands. Then let it dry. Are they soft artisan style soaps or hard stuff?
I concur.

I would try putting the scaps in the bowl as is. If that turned out unsatisfactory I would press them together, using water if needed.

I smash/glue wet bath soap scraps onto bigger bars all the time. Waste not, want not. A penny saved is a penny earned... etc.

I would probably just wet it really well and smoosh them all together with my hands. Then let it dry. Are they soft artisan style soaps or hard stuff?
...a mixture of both hard and soft milled: TOBS Sandalwood and Tabac hard milled. With the advice received so far, just the addition of warm/hot water followed by mixing should suffice.

SWMBO is very important to know.
As far as the soap, I like to use the leftovers for travel. Smash a chunk into the bottom of a lather bowl and you're ready to go. Maybe take an extra chunk in a baggie encase you need more. Another thing to do with them is the clean the chunks well and send them to people as testers. Most people like test soaps. A nice extra when you are selling things. I've known some to just smash them all together in a bowl and call it a mix.

Nougat soap is a nice idea too.

Top Bottom