What's new

Recommended travel case for razor?

Hey all. I’m looking for a sturdy, but not too bulking, travel razor case. Given all the resident knowledge on this forum, I thought this might be a good place to post such a question and see what creative DIY cases you guys might have come up with or what commercially purchased cases you recommend. I’m looking for something that can fit a 3” handle one piece vintage Gillette and I’d prefer that the case isn’t so big that it takes up all the space in my dopp. I could always look for the razor’s original case, but in the meantime I’d be curious to see what you are using that you like.

Thanks in advance for your time!

I use an old Weishi case

proxy.php

This is a leather razor case that I bought from Waterfield Designs. It has a nice gold liner. My Wolfman fits in the small size just great. Made in San Francisco!
razor-case-grizzly-razor_1024x1024.jpg

Picked this Leather Travel Case up from Above The Tie. Very functional and not too large. Looks great too. Cheers.

EF7238E2-01A0-4952-B1C7-CED6BB123248.jpeg

An Altoids tins and a piece of foam.
You can cut out a space for the handle and head, even blades.

This is a leather razor case that I bought from Waterfield Designs. It has a nice gold liner. My Wolfman fits in the small size just great. Made in San Francisco!View attachment 879778

+1. The Waterfield Design one from San Francisco is the one I use, it is perfect. Oftentimes together with this one from Parker - when I bring more than one razor.
94A2419B-339C-4335-9761-B99CE2A55903.jpeg

...And then sometimes I only bring my lovely travel kit, which is even handier in the gorgeous Gillette bakelite vintage case:
7D9EF38C-B499-4366-BDBB-6E2A85F943FD.jpeg

@mcqueen6
IMHO, the original plastic case is good for home storage or display but they are bulky, brittle and liable to break in your shaving kit while traveling. And hard to replace after the disaster.
Since you say you have a TTO or One Piece razor, the Waterfield or the Merkur or the Parker cases are more practical.
The guy at Frugal Shave 3D prints his products so he might be able to customize one for you with a bit of storage and some rigidity and strength.

R

romsitsa

Hello tenreasy,

could you tell me please, which baseplate is in your photo?

Adam

Top Bottom