What's new

Recommended razors from Ali express

Is that available through AliExpress?
Here:
It'll cost you like $7

And if you need a handle for it, you can get something like a Lemonwald which is also like $7

I got the razor head last month and just ordered a handle in order to have a handle designated to that razor!

Here:
It'll cost you like $7

And if you need a handle for it, you can get something like a Lemonwald which is also like $7

I got the razor head last month and just ordered a handle in order to have a handle designated to that razor!
Interesting. Lemonwald advertises that it is 4.3mm in threading which doesn’t sound like M5. So they fit on other heads?

Interesting. Lemonwald advertises that it is 4.3mm in threading which doesn’t sound like M5. So they fit on other heads?
I don't know what it would fit. I bought it for a Yaqi agressive slant head and it worked perfectly. That's the only head I ever tried it on.
And I sold it a while back!
I posted that back in June so it's possible that they changed what they actually sell now.
Or is the Yaqi slant not M5?
I don't know!
I never really looked at the size. I had read of others that bought it for that head and it worked. I never really looked at the size when I bought it.

Last edited:
Due to the limited shopping options I have where I live, I've had to "bet the money" on Yaqi and DSCosmetics products.
And I can only say to those who disdain "They don't know what they're missing!"
Recently I bought that Bohin homage from Yaqi (Bohemia) and I confess that it was a real RAD moment, as if I had bought a book just for the cover. That it would be a decoration item... mere mistake!
At least with me, I got along so well with it that I've been getting great shaves.

Now if you like the R41 and want something better than zamak, DSCosmetic has released a version of the DS-Z0 now in copper (in fact it appears to be brass). I have the 316L SS version, and as far as blade alignment is concerned, it's perfect.

DSCosmetic, Yaqi and Yintal are brands that you can buy without fear. it worth the price. At least, where I live...

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
Due to the limited shopping options I have where I live, I've had to "bet the money" on Yaqi and DSCosmetics products.
And I can only say to those who disdain "They don't know what they're missing!"
Recently I bought that Bohin homage from Yaqi (Bohemia) and I confess that it was a real RAD moment, as if I had bought a book just for the cover. That it would be a decoration item... mere mistake!
At least with me, I got along so well with it that I've been getting great shaves.

Now if you like the R41 and want something better than zamak, DSCosmetic has released a version of the DS-Z0 now in copper (in fact it appears to be brass). I have the 316L SS version, and as far as blade alignment is concerned, it's perfect.

DSCosmetic, Yaqi and Yintal are brands that you can buy without fear. it worth the price. At least, where I live...
I have been eying the Bohemia. How efficient would you say that it is?

I have been eying the Bohemia. How efficient would you say that it is?
I would say that it has an efficiency very close to that of an R41, but without charging me a practically static angle at the cost of blood! That's what I'm talking about on the "milder" side of 0.95mm, even on the more "aggressive" side of 1.35mm the permittivity is surprising!

In this photo I took, it is possible to see that despite the large gap and the open comb, the protuberance of the blade is almost neutral, but I believe that the great insight of the geometry is the fact that the baseplate's support point on the blade is very close to the edge , eliminating any possible vibration.

Clipboard01.jpg

I did a marathon of10 shaves with it using the same Rapira PL blade. However, the forum here doesn't allow me to post links to my channel, but if you're interested, search for "barbear convencional yaqi bohemia" on Yt.

A lot of the razors already mentioned here are pretty good. I have tried out many Yaqi razors and they are all pretty good for the price. I have a friend who is an authorized Yaqi seller here in Malaysia and through him I have been able to obtain a number pf Yaqi razors and brushes. If you're looking for a good, affordable stainless steel razor, Yaqi has the Telstar, which is a fantastic razor. I wouldn't consider it aggressive but rather high end medium. A couple of steps above the Merkur 34C. Of all my razors (37 of them), the Telstar is one of my favorites. Comfortable and efficient. It also come is the cheaper zamak variety. Yaqi also sells just the head. They're on Aliexpress.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
A lot of the razors already mentioned here are pretty good. I have tried out many Yaqi razors and they are all pretty good for the price. I have a friend who is an authorized Yaqi seller here in Malaysia and through him I have been able to obtain a number pf Yaqi razors and brushes. If you're looking for a good, affordable stainless steel razor, Yaqi has the Telstar, which is a fantastic razor. I wouldn't consider it aggressive but rather high end medium. A couple of steps above the Merkur 34C. Of all my razors (37 of them), the Telstar is one of my favorites. Comfortable and efficient. It also come is the cheaper zamak variety. Yaqi also sells just the head. They're on Aliexpress.
This is so helpful. Thank you!

I wish yaqi had an efficiency scale somewhere, similar to Italian barber. Given the language difference it's a bit of a guessing game!

Top Bottom