What's new

Recommended Fragrances under $40

Some of my favorites under $40
Lacoste essential - Imo a clean masterpiece citrus and subtle tomato leaf rose and a few other notes I don't pickup
Lacoste Pour Homme - Very nice slightly sweet plum fragrance which makes it kind of unique
Salvatore Ferragamo F black - A little sweet apple with tonka bean, spices, but mixed well almost has a ysl la nuit vibe def not a clone though
Beverly Hills 90210 Metal Jeans - Almost perfect cheapie dior fahrenheit clone
Aqua quorum - Really good cheapie I get polo sport vibes as well which brings me nostalgia
Al Haramain L'aventure knight - my only git clone does the job and does it fairly well imo

Halston Z14 can be had for around $20-$25 for the set of Aftershave & Cologne, in a fairly generous bottle size. Love the smell, and it has some staying power. - Bonus points that my wife really like the scent as well.

Give Stirling Green a try, it's their interpretation of the original Polo (Green). Never used genuine Polo, but Stirling's Green smell awesome, possibly my favorite scent, and lasts all day. Sadly it's seasonal and hit or miss if they're making it, but simply awesome smelling.
I've never tried Polo Green, but I happen to be waiting for a bottle to be delivered. Given that they have soap and aftershave lotion as well, I might try pairing them up. And I've been thinking about Z-14.

Some of my favorites under $40
Lacoste essential - Imo a clean masterpiece citrus and subtle tomato leaf rose and a few other notes I don't pickup
Lacoste Pour Homme - Very nice slightly sweet plum fragrance which makes it kind of unique
Salvatore Ferragamo F black - A little sweet apple with tonka bean, spices, but mixed well almost has a ysl la nuit vibe def not a clone though
Beverly Hills 90210 Metal Jeans - Almost perfect cheapie dior fahrenheit clone
Aqua quorum - Really good cheapie I get polo sport vibes as well which brings me nostalgia
Al Haramain L'aventure knight - my only git clone does the job and does it fairly well imo
Agree on Lacoste Essential and Metal Jeans.

I jumped on F Black when I saw it at TJ Maxx a few weeks back, but I’m disappointed. It’s really flat and mild and boring IMO. Like a very watered down and far less interesting YSL. I’m actually giving it away this weekend!

Armaf Club de Nuit Intense is a nice Adventus type for under $40. I like Mont Blanc Explorer as well, which sometimes can be found under $40. Both of these are nice daily scents.

You can sometimes also find Polo Black at <$40, and Guerlain Vetiver is another I've enjoyed.

+1 on Grey Flannel, a nice scent that can be found for not much- I picked my bottle up at TJ Maxx a couple of years ago for ~$15.

I'm not at all a frag head, and don't usually post in these threads, so hopefully others will weigh in on these selections. Most of what I have has been gifts, and almost all are above the $40 price tag. I count Terre De Hermes as a favorite; hopefully, that helps focus my tastes for you.

I ordered a bottle of Dunhill Icon after reading through this thread; maybe I should read less :001_smile .

Armaf Club de Nuit Intense is a nice Adventus type for under $40. I like Mont Blanc Explorer as well, which sometimes can be found under $40. Both of these are nice daily scents.

You can sometimes also find Polo Black at <$40, and Guerlain Vetiver is another I've enjoyed.

+1 on Grey Flannel, a nice scent that can be found for not much- I picked my bottle up at TJ Maxx a couple of years ago for ~$15.

I'm not at all a frag head, and don't usually post in these threads, so hopefully others will weigh in on these selections. Most of what I have has been gifts, and almost all are above the $40 price tag. I count Terre De Hermes as a favorite; hopefully, that helps focus my tastes for you.

I ordered a bottle of Dunhill Icon after reading through this thread; maybe I should read less :001_smile .
Look forward to your thoughts on Icon. It may be my favorite fragrance. It’s my wife’s favorite among all that I own.

Is there a big difference between the EdC and the EdT?
I can only say that the EdT scent is not identical to the shave soap…

I haven’t tried the EdT—precisely for the reason you mentioned. I read that it was substantially different. The fragrances for the soap (I only have tallow), EdC, and aftershave splash are are all very similar—perhaps identical.

Good to know, so I’ll try to find a tester of EdC.
Many thanks

Is there a big difference between the EdC and the EdT?
I can only say that the EdT scent is not identical to the shave soap…
I can only say that the EdC has plenty of longevity and projection, more so than a number of EdTs I own, and I agree with CJB3 that the EdC, AS and soap are very similar. The EdC and AS are not identical. But really it all works well together.

I'm a big fan of the House of Guerlain. They produce quality fragrances that aren't astronomically priced.
Heritage: very similar to Creed's Bois Du Portugal and, seemingly, a relative of Old Spice
Habit Rouge: very similar to Caswell Massey's famous Jockey Club
Jicky: Sir Sean Connery and Sir Michael Caine's fragrance of choice (dry down is very floral and a little goes a long way)

I'm a big fan of the House of Guerlain. They produce quality fragrances that aren't astronomically priced.
Heritage: very similar to Creed's Bois Du Portugal and, seemingly, a relative of Old Spice
Habit Rouge: very similar to Caswell Massey's famous Jockey Club
Jicky: Sir Sean Connery and Sir Michael Caine's fragrance of choice (dry down is very floral and a little goes a long way)
I love each of these.

Top Bottom