What's new

Recommended Fragrances under $40

I‘m quickly becoming a big fan of Varon Dandy Cologne by Coty. I use it as body mist after the shower and then layer it with a spritz of EDT on my clothes (currently YSL M7).

1,000ml for EUR 9.50 :eek2:

D58A774E-375C-449E-B90C-F621F8E26866.jpeg

B40DC4B9-3B94-47CA-99AE-6DA9D11C6983.jpeg

I'm thoroughly enjoying the Azzaro Pour Homme flanker, L'Eau on warmer days. Very light and almost like an interesting citrusy version of Rive Gauche Pour Homme due to the yuzu and the funky herbal element of the original being toned right down. Really looking forward to seeing how this one performs in Summer!

Ferragamo F Black. What a great fragrance for the $$$. About $15US/30ml. Bigger bottles aren’t much more but I wanted something small for my DOPP bag.

Same guy that did Viktor and Rolf Spicebomb, D&G The One, Dior Homme and a bunch of Chanel scents.

Amazing summer scent for the $$$.

0BCEECCA-B42E-4C81-BB8E-0CE01847C81C.jpeg

In this new era of post Covid work environments where one is not required to be in the office 5 days a week. I've reduced purchasing Colognes over $50-$75. My favorite under $40 is the Jack Black All-Over Body Spray. If you've used Jack Black soap then you know this scent.

Top Notes: Bergamot, Rosemary, Lime Leaf, Mint Leaf

Middle Notes: Jasmine, Lily of the Valley, Fern, Orange Flower

Base Notes: Amber, Musk, Oakmoss, Sandalwood

A 3.2 ounce bottle is $32. It doesn't last all day but if one is looking for something simple that has a fresh smelling scent and is affordable this is it.

Jack-Black-All-Over-Body-Spray.jpg

Last edited:
Speaking of body sprays, I enjoy:

Nancy Boy Signature Scent Body Spray, 4 oz, $17 (This also comes in a "Butch" scent, which to me was just OK. But I really like the "Signature" scent. Nancy Boy is known in the wet-shaving world for their excellent shaving cream. If you want to try any of their products, go ahead and join their club. It's free, you get 15% off everything, and you get only one email per month letting you know about that month's specials.)

I haven’t read all the replies on this thread so apologies if this one has already been mentioned.

Bogart Pour Homme. Cherry tobacco! Similar to Burberry London which is another must have inexpensive fragrance. Both solidly cold weather fragrances. I know this is July, but time flies!

I haven’t read all the replies on this thread so apologies if this one has already been mentioned.

Bogart Pour Homme. Cherry tobacco! Similar to Burberry London which is another must have inexpensive fragrance. Both solidly cold weather fragrances. I know this is July, but time flies!
Is that the same as this?

Picked up this old school fougere on Amazon for ~$18.00:
View attachment 1343934

It’s similar to Paco Rabanne, but sharper and not as soapy.

Is that the same as this?
That’s a different animal altogether. Here is the bottle of Bogart Pour Homme that I was referring to. This one was released ~ early 00s. I believe that black bottle “Bogart” is more recent. The Pour Homme is very reminiscent of cherry
pipe tobacco and still widely available.
bottle.jpg

Apologies if these have already been mentioned, but two of my favourite cheapies recently are Rochas Moustache Original 1949 EDT (2018) and Alt-Innsbruck Cologne (1953). Both quite subtle, gentlemanly scents compared to most modern ones.

I've been looking for something citrus-heavy to serve a similar function to Armani's Eau Pour Homme, which is what I wear when I want something citrusy in every season except Summer, and the Rochas is perfect and has just as much depth as the Armani, but is subtler and smoother! I paid £23 for my 75ml bottle of this gem and wish I'd gone for a larger one now, the quality is pretty much unbeatable for the price! They class it as an EDT but it's like a weak EDT/strong EDC, really.

When I was a child, Dad always used to come back from the barber's smelling amazing. But I never asked him what the cologne his barber splashed on him was, and perhaps he didn't even know. Then a few months ago, I watched a YouTube video with someone raving about Alt-Innsbruck and was so intrigued that I ended up ordering a bottle, and this was it! Wow! Nothing beats this after a wet shave for me and it's so elegant and intriguing in its simplicity, how can only tobacco flower and menthol smell this complex? It shines in the heat and I'm surprised by how many compliments it gets me. An absolute beauty from the 50s and almost up there with Chanel's Pour Monsieur EDT for me when it comes to fragrances released in that decade! Great performance for an Eau de Cologne and I've just ordered a backup bottle for my backup bottle.

I mean, at £17.50 for a 100ml bottle it would be a crime not to, wouldn't it? :D

Nick

Apologies if these have already been mentioned, but two of my favourite cheapies recently are Rochas Moustache Original 1949 EDT (2018) and Alt-Innsbruck Cologne (1953). Both quite subtle, gentlemanly scents compared to most modern ones.

I've been looking for something citrus-heavy to serve a similar function to Armani's Eau Pour Homme, which is what I wear when I want something citrusy in every season except Summer, and the Rochas is perfect and has just as much depth as the Armani, but is subtler and smoother! I paid £23 for my 75ml bottle of this gem and wish I'd gone for a larger one now, the quality is pretty much unbeatable for the price! They class it as an EDT but it's like a weak EDT/strong EDC, really.

When I was a child, Dad always used to come back from the barber's smelling amazing. But I never asked him what the cologne his barber splashed on him was, and perhaps he didn't even know. Then a few months ago, I watched a YouTube video with someone raving about Alt-Innsbruck and was so intrigued that I ended up ordering a bottle, and this was it! Wow! Nothing beats this after a wet shave for me and it's so elegant and intriguing in its simplicity, how can only tobacco flower and menthol smell this complex? It shines in the heat and I'm surprised by how many compliments it gets me. An absolute beauty from the 50s and almost up there with Chanel's Pour Monsieur EDT for me when it comes to fragrances released in that decade! Great performance for an Eau de Cologne and I've just ordered a backup bottle for my backup bottle.

I mean, at £17.50 for a 100ml bottle it would be a crime not to, wouldn't it? :D

Nick
3AE489A5-4D94-416D-90B7-555F4D8F8CB6.jpeg

Pairs also well with Tabac :)

Top Bottom