What's new

Recommendations on a stronger fresh violet smelling slick soap?

I'm moving from creams to soaps due to my love of Tabac and the overall process of creating lather. I'm waiting on a SOC boar brush and want to have a couple soaps waiting for it's arrival. Cella has arrived and I'm looking for one more.

I'm looking for a strong, fresh smelling violet soap with a slick lather. Seems Trumpers has a cream, which I've never tried, but I wanted to ask folks who have experience with soaps. Thanks in advance.

Trumper's Violet soap is very slick and is strongly scented. The alternative is RazoRock Artisan Napoleon's Violet, which is much more lightly scented, but more reminiscent of actual violets. The RazoRock is an outstanding tallow based soft soap.

I have read more than once that the latest Trumper's Violet soap is a lathering nightmare. You may wish to investigate further before purchasing.

Michael

I agree with Bob's suggestions. I have both the GT and RR Violet and like both. The GT is not bad to lather for me. Maybe I just got one of the good pucks.

I have been burned twice by Trumper rose soap, I wouldn't recommend a purchase.

Try either the Razorrock or JabonMan

I have Razorock Napoleon's Violet and love the scent and slick lather, however nothing outperforms Tabac shave soap IMHO.

I find the RR artisan line to be top notch, although lightly scented it's a favorite.

This thread has me thinking of ordering Mike's lily of the valley as a close scent to violets. Wish there was a top soap like trumpers violet cream.

Thanks all. I just ordered RazoRock Artisan Napoleon's Violet as a start to see if I still like the scent in shaving lather form. I don't doubt that I will.

For me, RazoRock Artisan Napoleon's Violet destroys Trumpers.

And for a sumptious treat, I have found that Alt Innsbruck aftershave goes especially well after a shave with RR Napoleon's Violet. It's just a heavenly scent combination.

I have read more than once that the latest Trumper's Violet soap is a lathering nightmare. You may wish to investigate further before purchasing.

Michael

I can attest to that.

Although, it's hit or miss I hear. One person may get a dud,the other may get a gem.

The original question was regarding a strong smelling violet soap, and overshadowed the general presumption that soap is also supposed to lather well. One hard lesson we've all had to get used to is that while Trumper's soaps are tops in fragrance, they are mostly nothing but a dud in lathering. Not a good investment at this time, more like an unwise gamble.

I received the Razorock artisan violet today and had my first shave with it tonight. I had no problems lathering it with a simple Kingsley badger brush. It was a soaked brush. Shook it downward twice and it took 100 twirls to load the brush and i bowl lathered. Wonderful shave with thick lather. I look forward to the next one. Thanks all.

Top Bottom