What's new

Recommendations for super/best badger brush

Hi, it's been a long while since my last post, but I was wondering what the recommendations are now for a super/best badger brush that's on the softer side. Ideally it should have some backbone but not too much of a fan. My budget is around £50 or so, and I wonder if that is perhaps too little!

I'm taken aback by the number of synthetic brushes on B&B, and on traditional brushmakers as well! My experience with the Kent Infinity Silvertex has been alright, but I'd rather go with a badger brush.

I have previously had a Vulfix Super Badger, presumably the 660.

I had my eye on the Kent H4, but it seems they only do synthetics now?

My best regards!

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
The Simpson Commodore X2 or Duke 2 in best might be a good starting point for a nice brush from the UK @Ahmaq .
A little over your budget but still close!

You may get suggestions for cheaper Chinese brushes but I'm not going there for several reasons.

Simpson Commodore X2

IMG_1503.JPG

The Semogue Ownerrs Club silvertip badger is a really good brush around that price point. It punches well above its cost, imho.
But I wouldn't be put off by the Kent Silvertex synthetic brush. I think most would agree it's far from being the best synth knot around. You might pick up one of the Simpson Platinum grade synth brushes for around £50, or a Muhle STF model. Both are really nice synth knots.

Top Bottom