What's new

Recommendations for DE blade with the best sharp/smooth balance?

I have sensitive skin and not the best shaving technique. So dull smooth blades usually give me razor burn because of how many passes I have to make and overly sharp blades tend to give me nicks. The nicks are becoming rarer now but I still get them from time to time.

This i a question unable to be answered by other people. You have to try on your own.
Maybe get a sampler with different blades.
Maybe Astra SP (sharp, but rough first shave), Voskhod (not so sharp but very smooth), Czech Tiger (smooth), Personna Platinum, there are so many blades to name but there will be a blade that will work for you.

Gesendet von meinem Redmi Note 8 mit Tapatalk

Off the top of my head, Voskhod, Nacet and Derby Usta offer a comfy balance between sharpness and smoothness.

As mentioned before by other this is different for every shaver and even the used razor can influence things

for me the list is

Gillette Silver Blue
Gillette Platinum
Bic Chrome
Derby Premium

the Gillette 7 o clocks are good too.

Do not bin them after the first shave was a bit rough lots of blades feel better on the second even third shave.

for me using a pre shave soap with scrub spongue makes a difference,

Polsilver/Wizamets strike a good balance between sharp and smooth. GSBs, Astras, and Nacets also work well for me in this regard.

Blades are a personal preference. What works for one is horrible for another. That said, my preference is Gillette Platinums, Astra SP's, Gillette Silver Blues, Polsilvers and Feathers. Get a sample pack and try several and see what works for you.

From my experience:
- Astra Superior Platinum
- Gillette Silver Blue
- Polsilver Super Iridium
- Voskhod
- Personna Lab Blue

Everyone likes different blades for whatever reason. And the choice of razor and soap also influence the outcomes (out of curiosity which are you using?)
Gillette Nacet
PermaSharp
Gillette 7 OClock made in Russia
Shark SS are also good for 2 shaves

I have pretty sensitive skin as well, and I tend to find the Astra twins work very well; they're sharp enough to readily cut through my coarse hair but they don't irritate my face. Shark Super Chromes used to be my go-to, but I find either of the Astras sharper.

It will probably improve as your technique improves. I find the GSB is my favorite blade. Nacet as well. It also can depend what razor you are using. That would help, along with what soap or cream you use

Whatever you try, it will work better with the right preparation, which is hydrate, hydrate, hydrate!

The hot facecloth method works very well for me. If you shower first, that ought to do the same job.

Astra SP and Israeli Personna are the ones I like, for what it's worth — not much, as others have said.

I have sensitive skin and thick stubble, so only few blades work for me without getting irritation.
personna platinum chrome (blue or red packaging)
7 o'clock super platinum (black packaging)
Tatra platinum (red packaging, made in Czech Republic)
Dorco prime platinum blue packaging
—————————————
Bic yellow packaging, but since you’re beginner avoid these as being very sharp

For me it's Astra SP (in a Merkur slant). Plenty effective (sharp) and the smoothest of any I've tried, from the first shave through, usually, about 10.

Top Bottom