What's new

Recommendations for cream with good skin care qualities & light scent?

Hi folks:

Just looking for creams with the best skin care attribute. I have tried the following creams: Proraso (green), GFT coconut, TOBS lavender, TOBS sandalwood, and Salter's wild rose. These creams are ok. Just looking for something to try that will make my face feel awesome afterwords and that provides plenty of cushion and glide during the shave. Thank you!

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
have you tried one of those creams with 3-5 drops of glycerin?

have you tried one of those creams with 3-5 drops of glycerin?

No...where would I get the glycerin? I prefer face slathering by the way, but am thinking of getting a scuttle to build lather/keep it warm.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
No...where would I get the glycerin? I prefer face slathering by the way, but am thinking of getting a scuttle to build lather/keep it warm.

Your local pharmacy or even supermarket might have it. They usually have that close to the peroxide, calamine and things like that. It will add a lot of glide to your lather. It's also known as Uberlather. You can face lather with glycerin too, just put some on the puck before you charge the brush.

1. Musgo Real.
2. TOBS (1st) avocado and (2nd very close; several times can't find difference) sensitive skin.

Spencer & Devon -- unscented (I like the Sagebrush scent, but it's not "light" by any stretch; and I haven't tried the Spice. Amazingly slick, amazing cushion, relatively hard to get wrong. Skin feels great afterwards).

Last edited:
Proraso Sandalwood, it has a nice mild scent and contains shea butter. It leaves my skin feeling great!

Spencer & Devon -- unscented (I like the Sagebrush scent, but it's not "light" by any stretch; and I haven't tried the Spice. Amazingly slick, amazing cushion, relatively hard to get wrong. Skin feels great afterwards).

+1 on the Spencer & Devon. The unscented is probably my favorite cream for both the quality of the shave and the way my skin feels afterwards.

I can also highly recommend the Nancy Boy Replenishing cream. It's got a very light, natural cucumber scent and definitely makes your skin feel awesome.

Both creams are much better for my sensitive skin, and sensitive nose, than some of the English creams I've used like T&H and D.R. Harris. Those tend to leave my skin dry, tight and sometimes blotchy.

Nick

Queen Charlotte Soaps Mysore Sandalwood
Mystic Waters Sensitive Skin

These are more like 'croaps', like condensed creams or soft soaps, but both have very mild, yes pleasing scents and have great skin properties.

Hi folks:

Just looking for creams with the best skin care attribute. I have tried the following creams: Proraso (green), GFT coconut, TOBS lavender, TOBS sandalwood, and Salter's wild rose. These creams are ok. Just looking for something to try that will make my face feel awesome afterwords and that provides plenty of cushion and glide during the shave. Thank you!

Try the Spencer+Devon Unscented and the Italian made Xpec Unscented. And then add a small touch of another scented cream you really like before you mix your lather. Both of these unscented creams leave my skin feeling great. I add a little CF Lime shave cream, or CF or T+H Lime Aftershave Balm to the unscented creams.It imparts a marvelous light scent to a great lather !

Craig

Castle Forbes Lavender along with the Castle Forbes Lavender After Shave Balm are simply outstanding. I also recommend the Nancy Boy Signature Shave Cream along with the CF Lavender AS Balm. Both are :thumbup:

Michael

Top Bottom