What's new

Recommendations for cigar style pens?

Just to preface, I enjoy pens a bit on the larger side. Having gotten my hands on pens like an old vintage Sheaffer Balance and a Jinhao 159, I've really started to move towards pens that are in the shape of cigars. However some of them are just a bit pricy, and not that many fountain pens that are under 100~ dollars come in a decent size like what I'm looking for. Something that's both a cigar, and has something like half an inch in diameter or more.

Can anyone give some possible recommendations, either new or vintage which might be for me? I don't really care for much for the nib or whatever the filling system is as long as it fits well in my hand and writes smooth.

Ranga makes a really fine cigar style pen. They even come with Jowo or Schmidt nibs. Can be purchased on eBay, but I like to find them on Fountain Pen Network!

I don’t know if it would count for what you’re looking for but I’ve greatly enjoyed my inexpensive Pilot Metro (cartridge loaded).
While I agree with the writing performance of Pilot Metropolitan, it hits above it's weight (cost), I think OP needs a good sized pen to hold and for that I can definitely recommend Ranga pens.

Ebonite and acrylic is used.
You can browse at peytonstreetpens for better idea.
Also, most of the pens cost under the 100$ mark.

I have a few:

1. Montblanc 149
  2. Aurora 88
  3. Omas 557-S
The above are high end pens, they are not cheep, if looking for a cheaper cigar sized pen, you could take a look at the Leonardo Furtore with a steel nib.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
The Herald Grande from Edison Pens is probably my favorite.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
The model 33 from Franklin Christoph is not cigar shaped but it is a beast until it is unleashed.

Top Bottom