What's new

Recommendations for ASB

Hello to all. I have been using a DE for about two months...I love it. The only after shave balm that I have used is Art of Shaving Aftershave Balm - Lemon Scented. I like it a lot but I am running out. I want to try another standard and commonly used ASB that is liked by many. What do you gentlemen recommend?

Natio do one (unsure of availability outside Oz) that has a nice zesty scent.
Nivea for Men Sensitive is also a very reliable one.

Sorry, I haven't ventured into the more boutique offerings just yet.

Gentlemens Refinery
Body Shop Maca Root

Those are the two I like that I have tried. I too am in the market for more and I am looking for something up to par or better than the Gents Refinery but cheaper...

I have 3 three in my rotation;
1 - L'Occitane Cade
2 - Pre de Provence
3 - Poraso

All three products work very well for me. L'Occitane is slightly better than the other two to me. YMMV

Art of Shaving Aftershave Balm - Lemon Scented

you started with a very good one.

Nivea ABS should be a basic in every den.
I also like..
Cade soap and ASB.
Castle Forbes creams and ASBs.. I like the Lime but whichever is very good.

unless I have the matching soap/cream and ASB I go Nivea or AOS unscented.

I am loving Baxter of California After Shave Balm right now. Very hydrating, alcohol free, and has a nice cooling effect. I too love AOS ASB, but right now this is my favorite, plus it is only 1/2 the price and comes in a good size tube.

Here is the link for it on Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/Baxter-California-After-Shave-Balm-120/dp/B0006B4VVW

I don't think you will be dissapointed. What I really love about it is that it is very soothing, but not over powering so I can still wear which ever cologne or aftershave (I love my Clubman's) on top of it.

Thanks for your suggestions. My price range is about ~ $20. Is the Nivea not considered gunk, since it is mass produced?

Top Bottom