What's new

Recommendations for a specific kind of knife?

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
I feel I am searching for a bit of a unique knife here. Hopefully one of you will be able to recommend something! I am completely ignorant about knives.

• Left handed
  • Assisted opening and closing, so that I can close it with one hand (but, not a switchblade)
  • Price range, hopefully less than $200. I want quality, but not artisan
  • Not too short a blade? I want to be able to open envelopes, cut rope, but also defend myself from a dog if it came to it

Is anyone able to point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I used a Syderco Manix 2 G-10 handle. as an EDC for years. You can get it in different blade types. Mine has the half serrated blade but you can choose

Amazon carries them, along with a host of other sites.

I see there's a Manix 3 out now... that's how long I've had mine. ;)

Fast opening might be needed, fast closing most probably not. I’m not aware of any production knife that offers an assisted closing besides double action OTF switchblades.

The CRKT has an unusual double guard. Is this a feature that you like/need?

There are not many knives like this on the market but Extrema Ratio and Boker come to my mind.

758FE1C1-97B9-4C2A-8804-2F0BA36D4793.jpeg

07F47AEA-3B96-4928-8F79-35B62DC02541.jpeg

I would look at the USA made Spyderco knives. Hard to get more bang for your buck on a higher qua knife. Some locks are ambidextrous and some are right or left. If you want a big one, Manix 2 xl is ambidextrous and a beast. The pm2 mentioned earlier is awesome in lh. So is the military in lh.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
Fast opening might be needed, fast closing most probably not. I’m not aware of any production knife that offers an assisted closing besides double action OTF switchblades.

The CRKT has an unusual double guard. Is this a feature that you like/need?

There are not many knives like this on the market but Extrema Ratio and Boker come to my mind.

View attachment 1450900
View attachment 1450901
not a feature I need at all. I just really have no idea what i am looking for.

I have a Columbia CRKT M16-13ZM, but I found it too bulky as a carry knife. I keep it in my wife's car. My favorite carry knife for years has been a Spyderco Delica 4. Slim, light and sharp, in jeans or a dress pant.

Top Bottom