What's new

Recommendations for a nice dark, exotic, spicy cologne

I tend not to get too excited by colognes with predominant high notes, preferring low notes, exotic scents and spices. I haven't hit on a cologne that just blows me away yet. Paco Rabanne is my favorite so far, but its not perfect. Any recommendations for colognes I should try?

I think that Fahrenheit by Christian Dior would reside in the dark and exotic category. I've always considered it to be a warm and very romantic fragrance that's great for fall and winter.

#88 might be good, but I have a feeling it is not what you are looking for. Perhaps Tabac - very warm, rich and spicy. Anotrher interesting option for you is L'Artisan Tea for Two- a very interesting scent. Other things that come to mind are Knize Ten and L'Occitane Eav des Bavx.

S

Sam

Floris Santal is on sale for halfprice until the 31st so that is a good one to pick up.

Spicy is Piper Nigrum. Here are some others: Dark, exotic wood/smokey and rose is Serge Lutens Fumerie Turque. D'Orsay Le Dandy and L'Artisan Eau de Navigatuer.

L'Occitane Eau de Baux -- masculine, exotic, spicy
Givenchy Very Irresistible -- pretty musky and dark smelling

Hey, thanks for all the suggestions. My question now is, where do you find these colognes?

I went out shopping last night. Stopped by Dillards, JC Penny, Younkers, Kohls, Walgreens. Believe it or not the only suggested cologne I could find was Fahrenheit. I have to say, I think we're on the right track, because I found Fahrenheit to be appealing. Now I'm even more curious about some of the others.

" A man who is eating or lying with his wife or preparing to go to sleep in humility, thankfulness and temperance, is, by Christian standards, in an infinitely higher state than one who is listening to Bach or reading Plato in a state of pride.
C. S. Lewis "

Nice signature quote..

kozulich said:
Hey, thanks for all the suggestions. My question now is, where do you find these colognes?

I went out shopping last night. Stopped by Dillards, JC Penny, Younkers, Kohls, Walgreens. Believe it or not the only suggested cologne I could find was Fahrenheit. I have to say, I think we're on the right track, because I found Fahrenheit to be appealing. Now I'm even more curious about some of the others.

You will have to do most of your shopping online. The other place to look might be basenotes.net in the BST area to see if anyone is decanting or selling. Try the B&B Decant Club too as some of the recommended scents were recently offered.

Dennis

Im a sucker for B&B cologne anytime specially since I gotten some good respondes from the female Genders.. dangerous to wear that one. :biggrin:

Definitely not mainstream, but try Domain for Men from Mary Kay if you have access. I get a lot of compliments on it.

Disclaimer: I work for MK, but I'd wear it anway.

jean pascal pour homme - jean pascal
voleur d'roses - l'artisan
tumulte - christian lacroix
nemo - cacharel

those are some that i'd call dark and exotic...also

2 from comme des garcons "incense series"
kyoto
avignon

:)

Top Bottom