What's new

Recommendations for a new shaver.

I posted on a different thread that my Norelco 9000 series rotary shaver no longer charges.
I'm looking for a new shaver either foil or rotary. Even a corded shaver is OK.

I cannot use a safety razor or cartridge razor because of my leukemia and low platelets which could cause easy bleeding if I were to nick myself.
I don't need a high-end shaver as I'm only shaving my neck.
Budget would be about $100- 150.

Thanks

Panasonic Arc 5. When I couldn't shave with water for a while I looked at a lot of reviews and bought one of these. Many consider it the best electric shaver on the market. I like mine very much and recommend it highly. It is 29% off right now on amazon which puts it at $149.99. It might be more than you're looking for but it's a good deal right now. Here is the link if you're interested.

https://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-Electric-ES-LV95-S-Flexible-Automatic/dp/B00FPQ70Z2/ref=sr_1_1?crid=2KCAQ43LH96E&keywords=panasonic+arc+5&qid=1679003872&sprefix=panasonic+arc,aps,139&sr=8-1

In the budget range, I'd be looking at Remington. I have had good luck with mine and replacement screens and blades aren't overly expensive. Right now I have a F5790. It's lasted quite awhile and no drop in power. They have newer models now but most of them use the same blades as mine which helps a good bit too.

Braun has some budget shavers too. I've seen them at Walgreens and CVS drugstores. Prices are right but I've never tried one.

Phillips MultiGroom 7000 series is more of a trimmer, but it does come with a foil attachment as well. I use the trimmer for my hair and if my beard gets longer than a safety razor can handle. It's a great unit with uncanny battery life.

Top Bottom