What's new

Recommendations for a 25mm Badger Knot

Hi

I am looking for a 25mm badger knot for one of my spare handles.
I'd prefer a deep seated knot with medium density and a bit of scrub/scritch.
What options would you gentlemen recommended ?

Thanks

25mm is a bit of an obscure size, is that the width of your opening? If so you could probably do a 24mm but it’d be pretty tight. Ideally you want a bit of breathing room (I like 1-2mm of breathing room, typically) as most knots expand above the glue base. Similarly, hole depth is also a factor. It’d be good to share that as-well. :)

25mm is a bit of an obscure size, is that the width of your opening? If so you could probably do a 24mm but it’d be pretty tight. Ideally you want a bit of breathing room (I like 1-2mm of breathing room, typically) as most knots expand above the glue base. Similarly, hole depth is also a factor. It’d be good to share that as-well. :)

This seems to be terrific advice from Andrew @ AP Shave Co. He is a wonderful artisan brush maker, who seems to really
know what he's doing. (I have absolutely no affiliation with him or his company, but I am an extremely happy customer.)
My 24 mm. SynBad green handled beauty is a wonderful brush, and a favorite part of my regular rotation.

5790CCB9-315D-4AA4-8B18-89143D37CDE2_4_5005_c.jpeg

Top Bottom