What's new

Recommendation for very light scented/unscented soap?

Hello,

I am looking for some not so expensive unscented or very light scented soap. Keep in mind, that I live in EU.
I have tried MWF, but the scent is strong for my nose, and I had bad reaction on skin of it.

Thanks

You may have a sensitivity to lanolin.

Haslinger Sensitive - 60g pucks, inexpensive but small. You can combine two pucks in one container. Several other Haslinger scents are fairly mild, such as Honey, Coconut, Aloe Vera. Excellent lather.

Wickham 1912 Unscented - more expensive, very nice lather

Meissner Tremonia Puristic Style or Pots of Millk paste - more expensive, very nice lather

Reactions: Z-2
You may have a sensitivity to lanolin.

Haslinger Sensitive - 60g pucks, inexpensive but small. You can combine two pucks in one container. Several other Haslinger scents are fairly mild, such as Honey, Coconut, Aloe Vera. Excellent lather.

Wickham 1912 Unscented - more expensive, very nice lather

Meissner Tremonia Puristic Style or Pots of Millk paste - more expensive, very nice lather

+1 on Haslinger. Great lather. I never tried the other two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

speick trumper feather december 12 2018.jpg

To my nose the Schafmilch is fairly heavily scented. If the OP is looking for a mild scent or no scent at all, I don't think he would be happy with it.

See if Nanny's Silly Soap comes in unscented. If it does, buy it and thank me later.

Shafmilch has lanolin. The OP may have some sensitivity to that. The other Haslinger soaps are really pretty similar except for a bit of improvement in post-shave feel from the lanolin. I don't use Schafmilch except in colder weather, preferring the Ringelblumen or Sage overall. The Sensitive is formulated especially for those with skin sensitivity issues.

A couple of online UK-based wet-shaving retailers offer the lanolin-free Stirling Unscented with beeswax. Also, Maggards Razors has a decent collection of unscented soaps and their international shipping fees are among the lowest. There, you can find highly-praised unscented soaps such as Wholly Kaw Siego base, Declaration Grooming Milksteak base and if your face is sensitive to lanolin you could take Zingari Man Sego base or Stirling beeswax.

MWF also caused a reaction on my skin. I like Osma Rasage. Very light scent and added alum is great for post shave. I think its a product of France. Reasonable priced, lasts a long time.

If looking at truly unscented, Southern Witchcraft and Soap Commander have unscented vegan blends. They don't have lanolin so you shouldn't get the irritation

Some say MWF is practically unscented, I'm with you and clearly disagree on that, though I personally do like it. You're gonna need an unscented soap if you ask me. MdC Unscented and Soap Commander Integrity are the only two I can recommend that have very minimal "soap" scent. Since you're in the EU the MdC shipping may be cheaper than Integrity from USA but am not sure. MdC will have way greater longevity and a shorter load time but SC feels a little more luxurious and the Shea Butter makes the face feel a little nicer post-shave. Good luck!

Top Bottom