What's new

recommendation for Parker 51 vacumatic diaphragm replacement repairman?

I have a new-to-me Parker 51 vacumatic that needs its sac/diaphragm replaced. I've found a few guys via Google that will do it, but not sure who to pick (I'm pretty new to this FP thing).

Is there anyone here on the board who does this repair? If so, please shoot me a PM. Otherwise, is there anyone who's had this done and can recommend someone?

Thanks!

Danny has brought four pens back to life for me. Two of them were Parker 51 Aerometrics and two were vintage lever fillers. I've used his services twice and will use him again.

Just got my pen back from Danny, 15 days from when it left my house. Very fast turnaround, excellent pricing, and great workmanship. Can't ask for anything more than that. I'll be boxing up my next pen for service by him very soon. Very satisfied!

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Just got my pen back from Danny, 15 days from when it left my house. Very fast turnaround, excellent pricing, and great workmanship. Can't ask for anything more than that. I'll be boxing up my next pen for service by him very soon. Very satisfied!

Good to hear, he has a great reputation.

on edit: Do you have pics?

Here are some Danny Fudge fixed it pictures...

This 51 Aeromatic medium stub is my daily pen. Danny brought it back from the dead. Someone had take a pair of pliers to its innards. The nib looked like it had been used on a dart board. Danny replaced the nib and gave it a full restoration. This late 40's pen looks and behaves like a brand new pen.
$DSCN1000 - Plum 51 with medium stub.jpg

This Underwood needed a new nib and a thorough restoration. I found it in a junk store in multiple pieces. Its nib was gone. I invested $2. Sally says it the ugliest pen she's ever seen. But, it came back as a great writer. (I was sending Danny some pens to fix and decided anything that has survived this long needed a second chance.)
$DSC_4586 - Amber Underwood FP.jpg

This Underwood had all of its bits and pieces. Found someone with the same pen who said it was their best writer. I have to agree. This pen writes. Its a bit short for my hand but I am glad I had it fixed.

Attachments

• $DSC_4592 - Black Underwood Lever FP - small.jpg
    $DSC_4592 - Black Underwood Lever FP - small.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Top Bottom