What's new

Recommendation for chinese adjustable Safety razor

I have one of the Ming Shi 2000's and it's reasonable razor but bulky on the head for working under the nose, & bought it for about $8-9 Canadian dollars 3 years ago. Blade Alignment could be better but fiddling with it will bring it mostly to acceptable level I found and results seem reasonable. It is amazing the effort that was put into this razor for the little money they wanted for the time I bought it.
I prefer my Slim or Fatboy more because it does the job better and holds the blade more accurately & securely IMO.

I suspect the QShave I ordered is the same as the Mingshi 2000s

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Where did you get it? I can’t find any anywhere
You have to check every once in a while because they seem to get batches in and they sell out quickly, there are 2 company's that yaqi controls or sells through and they are the Yaqi store and Missraybeautyproducts store. All I do is type in Yaqi at Aliexpress and pick either store and just check that stores index under razors and usually have not problem.

You have to check every once in a while because they seem to get batches in and they sell out quickly, there are 2 company's that yaqi controls or sells through and they are the Yaqi store and Missraybeautyproducts store. All I do is type in Yaqi at Aliexpress and pick either store and just check that stores index under razors and usually have not problem.
Thanks 👍

Hi
I wanna update my statement from above. Now if you're on budget I'd recommend the Yaqi final cut over the flexi as my results are a bit better from the smotthness efficiency ratio. On the other hand the flexis built quality is much much better. But only concerning the shave and the result the Yaqi wins meanwhile for me

Got the QShave on Friday. I had my first shave with it over the weekend with a new Astra blade. It’s great at setting #4, better than the KCG !! Looking forward to using it more ..

Attachments

• 7A126FA6-DF0C-4BC9-8BE2-6668C71AB1E0.jpeg
    7A126FA6-DF0C-4BC9-8BE2-6668C71AB1E0.jpeg
    654.2 KB · Views: 33
Hi
I wanna update my statement from above. Now if you're on budget I'd recommend the Yaqi final cut over the flexi as my results are a bit better from the smotthness efficiency ratio. On the other hand the flexis built quality is much much better. But only concerning the shave and the result the Yaqi wins meanwhile for me
I might get the Flexi when I visit India later this year. The price difference is acceptable, plus, being an Indian heritage person, would love to have some Indian razors in my collection

I might get the Flexi when I visit India later this year. The price difference is acceptable, plus, being an Indian heritage person, would love to have some Indian razors in my collection
Oh yes. Lovely idea. Don't understand me wrong, the flexi is an excellent razor. Really. A very fine tool with excellent built quality. But at the moment the Yaqi gives me slightly better shaves.

The Ming Shi 2000S that I used has serious blade alignment problem. Luckly the edge allows to acces the blade and you can adjust the position. Setting are very mild. Setting 1-4 I am unable to shave. So the shave starts at setting 5 which is very mild. Normally I used in setting 7-9.

Yaqi V1 and V2 were total catastrophe. Yaqi Final Cut is OK. Blade alignement is good and settings are normal (not so mild like Ming Shi 2000S). I recommend "Yaqi Final Cut".

How about the Parker variant ($57) or maybe the Rockwell 6 c at ($50), or the 2c at ($30) if your on a tight budget. Most shavers don't really need an adjustable and find a setting they like and stick with that.

However, you can't really go wrong with a futur clone these days if Your on a tight budget..I purchased one for a friend for $ 8 and it was flawless, and he got many years of good shaves with it. Just don't expect blackland type build Quality for the price.

Last edited:
I acquired 3 Parker Variant and I still have two of them. Great adjustable. In fact thanks to its predecessor Merkur Progress it works flawlessly. One small tiny notch more aggressive setting in each dial. For the ones who likes shorter handles (including me), will prefer Merkur Progress. It looks like long handle version of Merkur Progress.
This is made in India, so it is not a chinese razor. It is way more better than chinese adjustables.

Qshave Adjustable 700.

Used it to kick my long addiction to Mach 3 dependancy, re-entering safety razor hobby. Performed wonderfully on guaging my sensitivity, exploring blade sampler packs and regaining my safety razor manuevering techniques.

BONUS POINTS: Kit (Amazonia) comes with nice stand, travel head cover and 5 middling blades. Bang-for-buck!

Yaqi Final Cut is all around pretty decent and excellent for the price. The current version of the Flexi is also excellent albeit more expensive. I also find the Flexi is a razor I need a shave or 2 to familirize myself with if I haven't used it for a while. It's really stubby and noticeably heavier than most other razors I've used. Strokes downwards or horizontal are fine but anything in an upwards direction is just...a little more effort. As usual YMMV but no real deal breakers with either.

The Ming Shi Futur clone is so inexpensive, that I thought I'd give it a try. It shaved fine, and seems well built. But with my arthritic thumbs, it was just to hard to hang on to the smooth handle.
But for someone with a decent grip, it would make a good introductory adjustable razor, imo.

Top Bottom