What's new

Recommendation for chinese adjustable Safety razor

Hello everyone,

30 year old male. New to the forum. Been lurking around for a few months. Started with a KCG safety razor last year (the $12 one from Amazon). Prior to that shaved with cartridge razors my entire life (mostly Mach3).

I really enjoy the shaving experience!!

Looking to add to my collection with a good adjustable safety razor. I have heard great things about QShave, Weishi, Mingshi etc.

Any recommendations for a good adjustable razor for a newbie like me. I have fairly sensitive skin so looking for mild to mildly aggressive.

Thank you!

Why not get yourself a vintage Gillette Slim or Fatboy? $25 (slim) $50 (Fatboy) will buy you a fine example of either. $40-$75 in an original case.
Of course there are plenty of over priced examples of both a well, but you won't have to look to hard for what I'm talking about.
Now if you find a pristine NOS Fatboy in a case you're looking at $75-$125 depending on instructions, completeness etc.

If you want Chinese

Snmirn, qshave adjustable
Indian try a Parker adjustable

All are heavy and a bit clunky but shave nice start with zero and dial up a notch a week until your sweet spot.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I just bought a Yaqi adjustable TFC which stands for The Final Cut adjustable, it's based off the famous French Gibbs adjustable razor but takes regular DE blades. Reviews from other owners are positive mostly and so I bought it. I always wanted a Gibbs but the clone allows for regular blades and it's new and proven.

I have a Yaqi final cut, a Pearl flexi and a rex ambassador (which might not be an option for you)
All three good shavers, but i think your description hits the Pearl Shaving Flexi which is the smoothest of these three. IMHO it's the easiest to use. And it's machined brass and is delivered with a nice stand.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
My preference is for the Ming Shi 2000S reviewed here:

I have one of the Ming Shi 2000's and it's reasonable razor but bulky on the head for working under the nose, & bought it for about $8-9 Canadian dollars 3 years ago. Blade Alignment could be better but fiddling with it will bring it mostly to acceptable level I found and results seem reasonable. It is amazing the effort that was put into this razor for the little money they wanted for the time I bought it.
I prefer my Slim or Fatboy more because it does the job better and holds the blade more accurately & securely IMO.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
The mingshi is a great Futur clone at around 10 bucks. The pearl flexi is superior and super smooth, but 5 times the price.

I just bought a Yaqi adjustable TFC which stands for The Final Cut adjustable, it's based off the famous French Gibbs adjustable razor but takes regular DE blades. Reviews from other owners are positive mostly and so I bought it. I always wanted a Gibbs but the clone allows for regular blades and it's new and proven.
Where did you get it? I can’t find any anywhere

Top Bottom