What's new

Recommendation for 3D Printing Services

Hello and good day to all you fine B&B denizens! 3D printing fascinates me but I am unable to purchase and operate one for the foreseeable future. That said, I would very much like to try several of the razors and accessories I have seen here and elsewhere (such as the excellent Great 3D Printing Thread). Is anyone able to recommend a method by which I can have someone print something for me? I believe there are some online marketplaces that provide printing services but I have no idea how to get started. Perhaps I'm being a bit lazy here by not researching it myself but I was hoping perhaps someone had experience with these services and could make a recommendation. If this is the wrong place to ask please let me know where I could do so. Thanks!

Check your library. I’ve seen some that offered 3D printing. I’ve been impressed with what our library has to offer. We can “borrow” sewing machines, guitars, overhead projectors, iPads, etc.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Check your library. I’ve seen some that offered 3D printing. I’ve been impressed with what our library has to offer. We can “borrow” sewing machines, guitars, overhead projectors, iPads, etc.
That is SO cool!

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
If you google "3D printing services" you'll find there are gobs of services out there for paid services.
It's also something available via Etsy if you're fond of that platform.
Most places will give you a quote before you commit to the cost.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
3D printing fascinates me but I am unable to purchase and operate one for the foreseeable future.
I'd tell you that the cost of an entry level 3D printer might surprise you. There are beginner printers out there for less than $100. I've seen "kids" printers going for as low as $65.
It's not all the bells and whistles, and the print size is limited to a smaller size - but it's a way to do low numbers of small items such as you are talking about pretty cheaply.
People are constantly upgrading, so a second hand printer in good condition can also be a real bargain.

I'd tell you that the cost of an entry level 3D printer might surprise you. There are beginner printers out there for less than $100. I've seen "kids" printers going for as low as $65.
It's not all the bells and whistles, and the print size is limited to a smaller size - but it's a way to do low numbers of small items such as you are talking about pretty cheaply.
People are constantly upgrading, so a second hand printer in good condition can also be a real bargain.
I have a list going for Black Friday so maybe I can find a good deal on a printer. The real problem is I have nowhere to put it so it still might have to wait. Thanks for the suggestion!

Top Bottom