What's new

recommend weighing scales?

Priced from <$20 to >$1000. I was a chemistry teacher for many years and Carolina was my source for lab equipment and supplies. Unlike Flinn Scientific, Carolina will sell to individuals now since Covid (i.e...., you do not need to have teaching credentials).

Ohaus is the cadilac scale, Carolina is the toyota scale. All sorts of accuracy and precision variables which I expect you have some idea about (e.g., do you want a tenth of a gram or 1000th of a gram?, will you be exceeding one kg, etc...)

And then there is always food weight scales, which I am not familiar with.

I have one that uses expensive watch batteries which never seem to last more than six months. Our next scale will either be mechanical or use common AA or AAA batteries.

Reactions: saj
Hey Saj a little late in the chime in but check out the Withings Body +. Very very good.
yea seen that one but didnt really look into

i got the renpho wifi and bluetooth one, really good,
only thing i need to do is lose weight now lool 🤣

I assume the wifi and bluetooth are to help with automatic tracking, to show progress and help motivate. All of which sounds nice if there is some correlation to the time of day across the days/weeks. I have a digital scale with 0.2/pound resolution and began weighing multiple times per day, after bringing the scale into the kitchen. I was surprised at the variation across the day. Getting the lowest reading in the morning and gaining throughout the day. Which sort of makes sense considering that a tall glass of water weighs ~1 pound. And that one is not eating and drinking while asleep. :laugh:

The Garmin one is nice. It graphs your weight over time on the app.

Attachments

• 68674875-8FBA-4F36-8FA1-63BAE1710E82.jpeg
    68674875-8FBA-4F36-8FA1-63BAE1710E82.jpeg
    277.9 KB · Views: 2
yea seen that one but didnt really look into

i got the renpho wifi and bluetooth one, really good,
only thing i need to do is lose weight now lool 🤣
Me too. Fortunately, I have discovered peanut M&M’s are not health food and a lb bag is not a personal portion. Down 20lbs with another 10 to go. Good luck with your scale.

Top Bottom