What's new

recommend some good cheap colognes/aftershaves?

hey so I'm after some lemon cologne like the ones the turkish barbers use,

so I was wondering can you recommend some good cheap colognes/aftershaves?

I know some wet shavers get satisfaction in spending a lot but I love bargain hunting tbh so yea open to all suggestions

can someone please correct me but is this the lemon cologne the turkish barbers use?

Duru Lemon Traditional Turkish Cologne Aftershave, Citrus, 400 ml https://smile.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000R...abc_12CEDKE0Y66GN0Z2JKGK?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Try to find an ethnic market that sells Turkish goods, ask for kolonya or kolonyasi. It is very cheap there.

Duru is OK but there are better brands, both Osmanli and Pereja are very good. There are also some more expensive brands, such as Rebul and Eyup Sabri Tuncer.

I know you were looking for aftershaves with "staying power" so you should know these don't hang around very long on purpose. It is more of a refreshment and sanitizer than a perfume. It does work as an aftershave, though. Turkish barbers spray it on you very generously by default. They use a face cream, also, though.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Try to find an ethnic market that sells Turkish goods, ask for kolonya or kolonyasi. It is very cheap there.

Duru is OK but there are better brands, both Osmanli and Pereja are very good. There are also some more expensive brands, such as Rebul and Eyup Sabri Tuncer.

I know you were looking for aftershaves with "staying power" so you should know these don't hang around very long on purpose. It is more of a refreshment and sanitizer than a perfume. It does work as an aftershave, though. Turkish barbers spray it on you very generously by default. They use a face cream, also, though.

Thank you for the education my friend!

Reactions: saj
This is literally what you’re describing. And it’s awesome. Made in turkey. $8.

Pinaud Clubman lime & musk
Speick active splash
Nivea fresh kick
Proraso green

These are my favourite within this class

Duru:
I bought it because the sales person recommended it strongly.
Unfortunately my skin reacted with irritation to it.
The smell is very natural.

Eyüp Sabri Tuncer:
The smell is very natural too.
But my skin like it and it feels very pleasant after application.

But it all of them are so cheap, there is no risk to try several Kolonyasi.
Have fun

"so I was wondering can you recommend some good cheap colognes/aftershaves"

UK tight wad here.

Lets not beat about the bush here. Brut, splash and EDT from Savers you wont break a tenner. They do a classic like puig sets of AS and EDT for around a tenner too. Also Lidl have a couple of real stonkers for a few quid too. I use one as an all over body spray after I shower at work. I've also bough a few Turkish AS of eBay for pennies too and have been pleasantly surprised, mainly spice or tobacco. But there are deals out there if you care to take the plunge. Oh and don't forget TK Max, they often have more expensive brands at quite low prices, go in the week though when the other fellas ain't about. Just go with what you like not what the media tells you. Enjoy.

Anything from Clubman/Pinaud! :thumbup1: :thumbup1:

(I prefer the term ‘value’ to ’cheap,’ these products offer excellent performance at a reasonable price.)

"so I was wondering can you recommend some good cheap colognes/aftershaves"

UK tight wad here.

Lets not beat about the bush here. Brut, splash and EDT from Savers you wont break a tenner. They do a classic like puig sets of AS and EDT for around a tenner too. Also Lidl have a couple of real stonkers for a few quid too. I use one as an all over body spray after I shower at work. I've also bough a few Turkish AS of eBay for pennies too and have been pleasantly surprised, mainly spice or tobacco. But there are deals out there if you care to take the plunge. Oh and don't forget TK Max, they often have more expensive brands at quite low prices, go in the week though when the other fellas ain't about. Just go with what you like not what the media tells you. Enjoy.
The Quorum and Paco Rabanne AS's from Savers don't really have any skin friendly ingredients. And to be honest, I am not sure they even smell pleasant...

Top Bottom