What's new

Recommend simple skin care routine

First, I cant believe I am actually posting this. I mean, I am an old school dude...and I am asking for recommendations on a facial skin care routine. At 60 I am thinking of caring for my skin. Yes, I know the horses have escaped the barn. Too late to close the doors. But seriously I would like some recommendations on a simple skin care routine and products. Something to halt the ravages of time on some seriously neglected skin.

First, I cant believe I am actually posting this. I mean, I am an old school dude...and I am asking for recommendations on a facial skin care routine. At 60 I am thinking of caring for my skin. Yes, I know the horses have escaped the barn. Too late to close the doors. But seriously I would like some recommendations on a simple skin care routine and products. Something to halt the ravages of time on some seriously neglected skin.
One Brand. Carapex . Makes me look 10 years youngerhttps://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00D468I4W/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

What shave soap do you use? Use something like Saponificio varesino and your skin will look and feel great.

What shave soap do you use? Use something like Saponificio varesino and your skin will look and feel great.
Yes, I use this shaving soap as well. I am really looking for something for the skin above my beard. I look in the drugstore and there are just too many choices.

Here's a simple routine that will get you on track in terms of taking care of your face.

Wash your face with a good facial cleanser in the morning and night before you go to bed. After washing, I'll rub some Thayer's Witch Hazel or Lucky Tiger After Shave / Face Tonic. I'll then apply a moisturizer, I use Cremo 24hr face moisturizer as it absorbs quickly.

Lastly, you should be exfoliating 1-2 times a week to remove dead skin. This is a key component and also helps moisturizers work their best. You really need to experiment with facial exfoliation products to see what works best for you.

That's my two cents, good luck with whatever you choose.

I wash my face only once a day before bed. I use Ursa Major face wash. Pricey but excellent stuff ime. I also splash witch hazel on before bed.

My simple routine.

Here's a simple routine that will get you on track in terms of taking care of your face.

Wash your face with a good facial cleanser in the morning and night before you go to bed. After washing, I'll rub some Thayer's Witch Hazel or Lucky Tiger After Shave / Face Tonic. I'll then apply a moisturizer, I use Cremo 24hr face moisturizer as it absorbs quickly.

Lastly, you should be exfoliating 1-2 times a week to remove dead skin. This is a key component and also helps moisturizers work their best. You really need to experiment with facial exfoliation products to see what works best for you.

That’s a great answer.

In my 70's and me old mug ain't going to look any better no matter what I do. If my wife of almost 50 years isn't complaining, I guess I'm ok.

Thanks. Good advice...and simple. Actually, this is similar to what I currently do...sort of. I wash my face when I shower with just warm water. I love rubbing a towel on my face post shower (exfoliating), then I shave and when I apply Lucky Tiger as a post-shave and I usually rub it all over my face. Then I apply an ASB and if it is one of my unscented or low scented ones I rub the excess over the rest of my face.

Top Bottom