What's new

Recommend reliable knife vendors?

I'm shopping for a couple of knives and am wondering which online vendors are good to deal with (pricing, customer service, etc.). I'm OK with Amazon if the product is actually sold by them but many times it is not.

Thanks!

Good call on only buying from Amazon if they're the seller. It seems there are a lot of counterfeits sold there but as far as I know, if Amazon is the seller, they should be legit. I prefer to patronize the dedicated knife shops though, and local brick and mortar ones if possible even if the price is a bit higher. It's nice to be able to hold a knife and make sure you like how it feels before you buy. I don't feel right going to a store to do that and then buying from somewhere cheaper online but that's just me. If you're looking for online stores though, I've had great service from Knife Center and BladeHQ. I'm sure there are others just as good.

Just out of interest - what kinda knifes do you wanna buy?
Considering several and won't buy all but likely will end up with a couple. Swiss Army Knife, Civivi Elementum, Spyderco Dragonfly, Boker Kaizen(?), Ontario Rat, CRKT Pilar.

Knifecenter and SMKW are good. I have had excellent customer service from knifecenter. They often have competitive SR prices, as well.

Reactions: tm3

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I’ve used Knife Center, Blade HQ, Cabelas, and have gone to PVK when in Vegas. I buy a lot from Amazon and haven’t had any issues yet.

I have a box of old knives in my basement, including my first boy scout style knife from the 50s, cheap dull knives and even switchblades that I've picked up over the years. I don't invest in expensive knives. My favorite, most comfortable & sharpest out of the box jean carry knife for the past 10 years, is still a Spyderco Delica 4. I also have 3-4 Honey Badger knives. They're inexpensive with a nice selection of blades. In my car door pocket, I keep a Morakniv 4" fixed blade. In my wife's car glove box, is a Columbia River knife M16. On those rare occasions, when we take a walk, I'll stuff the Morakniv in a front jean pocket loose in it's sheath for easy access, and my wife will wear a Morakniv Eldris around her neck. It's more in case of a dog attack, since my State won't let me carry my 1911.

Last edited:
Check out:
wayofknife.com as they offer a build your own service for Ontario RAT's as well as custom scales for Spyderco's and CRKT Pilars. They also carry Boker, Civivi and SAK.

Additionally check out knifewirks.com and collectorsknives.net. Both sites have awesome selections and killer clearance sections.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
I've gotten good service and competitive pricing from Atlantic Knives, Blade HQ, Knife Center and White Mountain Knifeworks.

This is not to imply that there's anything wrong with other vendors. It's just that I've yet to buy anything from them (but if current trends continue, I will as I dig my way down the blade rabbit hole).

Reactions: tm3
I appreciate all of the additional responses, and especially the nod to DLT as they have one that I'm interested in.

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
I don't shop for knives that often, but I usually go through Discount Cutlery. I've always had good experiences with them, and they're based in Michigan, so I usually get my order pretty fast (YMMV).

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Good call on only buying from Amazon if they're the seller. It seems there are a lot of counterfeits sold there but as far as I know, if Amazon is the seller, they should be legit. I prefer to patronize the dedicated knife shops though, and local brick and mortar ones if possible even if the price is a bit higher. It's nice to be able to hold a knife and make sure you like how it feels before you buy. I don't feel right going to a store to do that and then buying from somewhere cheaper online but that's just me. If you're looking for online stores though, I've had great service from Knife Center and BladeHQ. I'm sure there are others just as good.
That's how I have always been. If I'm getting advice from a brick and mortar store, I buy the products from them. It's the only way they will continue to survive.

Stores with knowledgeable staff have become more and more difficult to find these days. So when I find a store that has one, I try to support them.

Top Bottom