What's new

Recommend me some creams

Proraso Red, White, Blue and Green are all very good creams
But, as you're living in the UK, IMHO you could do a lot worse than trying the own label cream from Boots

Proraso Red, White, Blue and Green are all very good creams
But, as you're living in the UK, IMHO you could do a lot worse than trying the own label cream from Boots
Tried the green Proraso, got the tub at the minute. Will have a look at the boots cream

I prefer soaps, but you have to at least try TOBS Sandalwood, Proraso green and I'll add Dreadnought. I'm interested in trying the Edwin Jagger cream.

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
You really should try the Blue Proraso. Better performance and post-shave than the Green, IMHO. I like the scent better too, but I think that's more subjective.

Seems like you tend go for high end stuff. So for that I suggest Santa Maria Novella.
A step down price wise, whatever scent from from AoS, T&H you fancy.
DR Harris Sandalwood.
EJ/Muehle Sea Buckthorn.
Not a cream and slightly off topic, but I really like the EJ Pre Shave. Adds a nice menthol blast to your favorite non-menthol cream. The only preshave produce I ever liked.
On the low end, try Creamo. It's cheap and it works.

Seems like you tend go for high end stuff. So for that I suggest Santa Maria Novella.
A step down price wise, whatever scent from from AoS, T&H you fancy.
DR Harris Sandalwood.
EJ/Muehle Sea Buckthorn.
Not a cream and slightly off topic, but I really like the EJ Pre Shave. Adds a nice menthol blast to your favorite non-menthol cream. The only preshave produce I ever liked.
On the low end, try Creamo. It's cheap and it works.

Have had SMN before. Should try it again, especially now that the fragrance has changed.
AoS is not as readily available this side of the pond.
Not keen on EJ software, tried it before and was severely underwhelmed.

Thanks for the input mate. Had forgotten about SMN, will put it on the list.

Stone Cottage Soap Works - the best american cream and one of the best artisan creams anywhere!
He doesn't ship internationally at the minute. But it is definitely on my list.
I prefer soaps, but you have to at least try TOBS Sandalwood, Proraso green and I'll add Dreadnought. I'm interested in trying the Edwin Jagger cream.
Tried TOBS and Proraso green. Dreadnought is the bluebeard revenge cream if I remember correctly. Not keen due to the chemical that is meant to inhibit hair growth.
You really should try the Blue Proraso. Better performance and post-shave than the Green, IMHO. I like the scent better too, but I think that's more subjective.
Will have a look at Proraso blue. They are nice creams but never impressed me enough to keep them.
Simpsons Unscented or if you like Bay Rum, Taconic Bay Rum. Both are new additions to my rotation.
Tried the Simpson creams. May have to try them again.

I have this love/hate thing about Nivea Originals Cream.
:thumbup1: I like that my skin feels pretty good after using it, usually with much less sting from alum and aftershave.
:thumbdown I hate the scum that it leaves on my bowl, razor, and sink. It can be really hard to rinse the razor while shaving, so it tend to use it with an OC razor. The silicone can't be good for brushes, so I'll never use it with any of my good (or even mediocre) brushes.

Trader Joe's Shave moisturizing cream, if you can access it where you are. Maybe amazon can help. The cream advertises as vegan and works so good, so slick, that you can double pass without reapplying. Try it. Cheap too.

Must trys --

1. Proraso Red (fantastic if you like the woodsy sandalwood scent, great face feel and quality lather)
2. St. James of London (great scents, protective, very slick)
3. And I would second Executive Shaving Co. Natural Shave Cream

4. If you can find it, Nivea Sensitive shave cream is decent but since you have already tried Nivea original its last on this list.

Last edited:
I'm a cream person, always found them to have better lubricants.

My favorites are Proraso red and green cream (tubes), TOBS sandalwood and Eton College cream bowls

I've only used a few creams in my time, I prefer the soaps. But I've enjoyed some Porasso green AKA C.O. Bigelow Shaving Cream (Porasso repackaged), I've also enjoyed Santa Maria Novella Cream Di Barba (not cheap), and GF Trumper's Almond (more of a croap.)

Top Bottom