What's new

Recommend me an OC

Im looking for a good OC razor. I currently have a DE89 and 3 vintage gillettes - tech, SS, and slim. Ive heard good things about OC razors and am looking to try one out for the first time.

If you can find one, I really like the iKon OC Deluxe. Although it's an open comb it is a pretty mild shaver, but if you want a more aggressive shave, you can get the SB base plate to have the best of both worlds.

I recommend the Gillette Sheraton, made 1936-1939.

Gold. Long comb. TTO handle. Medium aggression. And the most comfortable razor on my face that I have experienced!

I recommend the Gillette Sheraton, made 1936-1939.

Gold. Long comb. TTO handle. Medium aggression. And the most comfortable razor on my face that I have experienced!

I have five OC razors, all vintage Gillettes. My favorite is a Gillette British Aristocrat #15, but the price for these has gotten out of hand. I have a Senator, the nickel version of the Sheraton, which gives a similar shave at a more reasonable price. The razor is similar to the #15 but is a bit lighter ( the Aristocrat is a very heavy razor). While I enjoy my New, New Standard and Tuckaway with a New Improved head, I prefer the TTO OCs to the three piece models.

Mike

Are you looking for a new production razor or a vintage razor or does it matter to you?

Doesnt make much difference honestly. I have had a hard time finding vintage gillette, such as the NEW, that are in very good condition. As for modern, I like the design of the Merkur 1904.

Doesnt make much difference honestly. I have had a hard time finding vintage gillette, such as the NEW, that are in very good condition. As for modern, I like the design of the Merkur 1904.

Have you looked at the Cadet, Pearl, or Matador razors. Great prices for new OCs.

The iKon & the Tradere OC are both excellent razors (my Tradere is a go to daily razor); however, for the money, I highly recommend the Gillette NEW Short Comb OC. Not as easy to find, but the prices are about the same as the Long Comb. It's just an amazing razor. Kona Kruiser often has replates of the SC for sale in the hobbyist section. Good luck!

Top Bottom