What's new

Recommend me a smoker thermometer

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
I got a smoker and now I need to procure a remote read meat thermometer. What do you guys like under 100 bucks?

Kindly,
Adam

I like my iGrill. It's about $100, comes with two probes (supports 4) and pairs via bluetooth. I use one probe for smoker temp and the other for meat. Range is pretty impressive and the batteries last quite a while.

I got the Thermopro TP08 this year. Works like a champ so far.

If if your budget allows, you can never go wrong with a Thermoworks products....

I like my iGrill, although it is the model that has only 1 probe. I use a Weber kettle grill with a slow-n-sear from Adrenaline BBQ Company. Since keeping a steady temperature is more of a challenge this way, I push the probe through a piece of potato, so I can keep tabs on the smoker's temp. I then use an instant read thermometer when the meat is close to done.

I have a Maverick too, used it for a while. Now that I know how my smoker, a WSM, runs I never use a remote therm.

KeenDogg

what kind of smoker?
It's a Masterbuilt 30 inch electric. I bought from my brother in law that used it and got tired of it. He sold it to me for 20 bucks. It's seen some use for sure. But, for 20 bucks, I couldn't say no!

I do not quite understand the need for a remote therm for an electric smoker. It is in all reality an oven with rock steady temps.

KeenDogg

I do not quite understand the need for a remote therm for an electric smoker. It is in all reality an oven with rock steady temps.
How do I guage when it's done? I was under the impression I didn't want to open the smoker while smoking. This is all new to me.

Kindly,
Adam

How do I guage when it's done? I was under the impression I didn't want to open the smoker while smoking. This is all new to me.

Kindly,
Adam

Nothing wrong with with having a remote thermometer with an electric smoker. It's great to sit in your favorite recliner and see your pit and meat temps. Plus, it may let you know how accurate the electric smoker is. For the value, its really hard to beat anything from Thermoworks. I REALLY want their Smoke.

Top Bottom