What's new

Recommend me a pair of 6 inch dress boots?

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
Evening gents,

I was hoping the more fashion-knowledgeable of you would be able to provide me with some advice. I am looking for a pair of black leather dress boots. The should be 6 inch, and either slip on or zipper. I don’t want to have to deal with laces. I would like a pair that I can wear to the office every day, and take care of. I would like leather, or a faux-leather that is believable.

I went to a shoe store today and measured my feet. (I live in the USA.) They measured:

10.5 long
2a wide
Bell at 12

I have already had one unsuccessful order, and have another coming up that I am not too hopeful about. Would anybody be able to provide guidance as to some good shoes I should try?

Thanks!

If you want top notch quality and a lot of width/size choices, Allen Edmonds makes a nice Chelsea boot in various colors and leathers. It ain't cheap at about $450 but these will last many years and are US made from quality leathers. Their shipping is always at no extra cost (both ways if necessary).

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
If you want top notch quality and a lot of width/size choices, Allen Edmonds makes a nice Chelsea boot in various colors and leathers. It ain't cheap at about $450 but these will last many years and are US made from quality leathers. Their shipping is always at no extra cost (both ways if necessary).
Yeah I have been looking at those. To rich for my blood, unfortunately...

Your in luck. There are lots of Chelsea boot on the market right now. Myself I have been wearing Blundstone boots for seven years now. My first pair wore out two months ago. My second pair that’s five years old is still going strong. I would get a pair of 068, they are the black chisel toe, so they look dressier than the 510 that have the rounded toe. But they are odd sizing. I wear a 9.5 in US sizing and had to go with 8.5 in Australian sizing. So find a local dealer and try them on first, even if you are ordering online.

My two cents worth.

Hope that helps

Johnny

I love my Carmina pebble grain dress boots and wear them with dress pants and dark jeans. They have speed hooks so it takes no time to tie and untie.
proxy.php

proxy.php

I got some Allen Edmonds based on recommendations from B&Bers because I need wide EEE sizes. The Liverpool chelsea boots are very nice and dressy looking, can easily go with a suit. And they are pull on. They also have great lace up boots. Their first avenue boots look very dressy.

I don't trust zippered boots as I think it would break or get stuck at the worst time.

If you want very narrow boots, BA Mason makes work boots that are all different widths but they may not be as dressy.

The Liverpool chelsea is $349 at shoebank.com (allen edmonds seconds site). If you wait for their sales (their next one will probably be around 4th of july), you might be able to take a little more off.

Be sure to check out Ebay too. You could probably get a used pair under $200 if you are patient.

Top Bottom