What's new

Recommend me a German made brush

I just realized I don't own an German made shave brush. Is there a natural bristle brush from Germany that doesn't go above $75 US? I could use one to complete what has been lately my go-to combo...Merkur Progress, Tabac, Wilkinson-Sword blade and 4711 AS.

Thanks!

proxy.php

You might just about pick up a Shavemac in finest at that price, which is a very nice brush. Some of the Thater range in best might also be around that mark, although I've no experience of these. I think the Da Vinci brushes would be a fair bit more.

If your not opposed to pre-owned, Shavemac's and Thater's in Silvertip and 2 band in that range show up occasionally on the BST.

If you are looking for cheap, then prowl ebay for Victoria shaving brushes. Pure badger and boar specimens can occasionally pop up new old stock for relatively little money. Won't be as nice as a used Thater or Shavemac, but the price won't be as high either.

Another low budget option is Hans Baier. Ebay lists what are allegedly silvertip badger Hans Baier brushes for around fifty dollars.

No personal experience with any of these, but they are new and German. And relatively cheap.

Last edited:
The Superior Shave carries a huge selection of Rein Dachs brushes..made in Germany. There was one on display in the DDR Museum in East Berlin, so you know they have been around for a while.
Oh, don't forget Muhle!!

I just realized I don't own an German made shave brush. Is there a natural bristle brush from Germany that doesn't go above $75 US?

I highly recommend brushes from Mühle (windmill).
Look at their site. They have many shapes and models and types of hair.
As you see in my avatar, I own the Mühle Kosmo Silvertip Fibre and it's awesome.
But they have badger too.

check it out.

MÜHLE Shaving Culture | Shaving brushes | purchase online

(This is the MODERN - KOSMO line)

Funny thing is, with certain models you can change the brush anytime you like.
Just screw the brush off and screw another one on
Look at the bottom of this link:

Last edited:
I highly recommend brushes from Mühle (windmill).
Look at their site. They have many shapes and models and types of hair.
As you see in my avatar, I own the Mühle Kosmo Silvertip Fibre and it's awesome.
But they have badger too.

check it out.

(This is the MODERN - KOSMO line)

Funny thing is, with certain models you can change the brush anytime you like.
Just screw the brush off and screw another one on
Look at the bottom of this link:

Great line of brushes. Thanks :thumbsup:

Top Bottom