What's new

Recommend me a case for Parker Variant

I am looking for a case to store my new Parker Variant in. Something that is protective, portable, not too expensive, not too ugly ;), and won't be damaged by water or alcohol.

I wash my razors and spray a little rubbing alcohol on them after each use, and I can't leave them drying on the countertop because of kids, so I quickly air or towel dry them the best I can and put in the plastic cases they came in. Parker did not come with a case.

There's plenty of cases on eBay and Amazon but a lot of them are leather (or faux leather) and I am concerned with long term durability.

When I had mine I bought the Parker LP3 Leather case, it fitted right and it has a good finish, found it at a good price in Amazon

LP3__62570.jpg

LP3 Saddle Brown Leather Safety Razor Case • Parker Shaving

Cheers

R

romsitsa

Hello,

look for a tin box (something like Altoids, but there are numerous unbranded ones in many colors), old or new, that will fit the razor. Get some foam/wood/velvet and line the case to your taste, enjoy.
Isn’t there too much water left in the shaft to pack it away directly after use?

Adam

Hello,

look for a tin box (something like Altoids, but there are numerous unbranded ones in many colors), old or new, that will fit the razor. Get some foam/wood/velvet and line the case to your taste, enjoy.
Isn’t there too much water left in the shaft to pack it away directly after use?

Adam

I don't have any major water issues with a 3-piece Baili. 2-piece may be a different animal...

Would you have a place where you might place a test tube holder out of the children's reach? If so, these make excellent racks for razors.

Would you have a place where you might place a test tube holder out of the children's reach? If so, these make excellent racks for razors.
I also saw those racks, if they would be good at home, or so it seems to me
As far as a protective carrying case travel with I'm looking at everybody's options because I'd like to have a good option two. Myself I don't like the ones with the metal snap, but do look like the ones I posted previously with the leather strap that fits in the other leather, so far that would be my pick I think.

Put them on a shelf out of reach; after daily use they should dry in the open air.

We share a shower cabinet with my wife... that's the only one above the sink. Not too much space left, and a disassembled razor would not fly too well. Or rather, it might fly inadvertently. I can of course "relocate" some of her creams and makeup but I am not ready to die just yet ;)

Well, so many options I need to sleep on this for a bit... for now it resides in a somewhat oversized metal box from a Marvel toy, which at least looks different... I am debating whether this razor will travel with me anywhere, if it does I will certainly need a case.

I like those small drawstring velvet bags for travel. Very handy as added protection in a tin, or loose in a dopp bag.

Top Bottom