What's new

Recommend Me A Bookshelf Stereo System

My recommendation would be a set of nice powered speakers like these:

http://audioengineusa.com/Store/A5-plus-B-Powered-Speakers

They sound phenomenal - and they have two inputs that you could just connect your ipod to, or a used CD player to or whatever source you want. A buddy of mine has these with an apple airport express connected to them which allows him to stream from his iTunes collection to it - remote controlled from his iphone.

These are audiophile class speakers and will sound better than any other portable/boombox system around its price point. They feature a silk dome tweeter which is a key feature for me, no harshness up high and they go low enough that you shouldn't need a subwoofer.

+1 on the Audioengine powered speakers. I've got the smaller A2 model set up as computer speakers and the sound in phenomenal. I can imagine that the big A5s are loaded with sweet, room-filling sound!

+1 on the Audioengine powered speakers. I've got the smaller A2 model set up as computer speakers and the sound in phenomenal. I can imagine that the big A5s are loaded with sweet, room-filling sound!

I have A2's as well, and I love them - surprisingly loud for their size and very great sound quality. I have used them as garage speakers and deck speakers in the summer.

Top Bottom