What's new

Recommend me a bay rum soap to pair with bootleggers.

So after reading all the good things about bootleggers bay rum, I pulled the trigger on the thirty birthday bucks worth of ingredients. I currently have an Ogallala Bay Rum soap, but, I find the performance lacking. I tend to like stronger scents, but, the main thing is the performance. Right now PAA, B&M and CC are in my sites, but I also thought about Dominica. There are so many to choose from, and, I only have so much to spend. HALP!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I have the Ogallala Bay Rum and the scent on mine was very strong. New I could smell it through the plastic the puck was wrapped with, through the plastic the box was wrapped with and through the box the whole shipment came through.

So you face or bowl lather? Personally I have found the face lathering improves the performance noticeably bit not necessarily the lather quality.
I face lather now as a result and I get better shaves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the Ogallala Bay Rum and the scent on mine was very strong. New I could smell it through the plastic the puck was wrapped with, through the plastic the box was wrapped with and through the box the whole shipment came through.

So you face or bowl lather? Personally I have found the face lathering improves the performance noticeably bit not necessarily the lather quality.
I face lather now as a result and I get better shaves.

I go back and forth depending on the soap. Some I get better luck face lathering others with the bowl. The scent on Ogallala is phenomimal IMO, but, I am just not impressed with the performance.

I go back and forth depending on the soap. Some I get better luck face lathering others with the bowl. The scent on Ogallala is phenomimal IMO, but, I am just not impressed with the performance.

It might be that my water is on the soft side.

My vote is for Captain's Choice Bay Rum. Soap (softer variety) yields excellent performance with a great Bay Rum scent.
Just bought the CC's Bay Rum cream and am loving the stuff. Can't go wrong with either the CC bay Rum soap or cream.
Mikey

Top Bottom