What's new

Recommend me a bar soap

Most recently, I've used Duke Cannon, Mysore Santal and Sudsy Soapery. I think I'll stick with the latter. I like the scents, suds, ingredients and longevity. The other two are also good, especially the scent of Mysore.

The Beer Soap company makes some excellent smelling soaps with beer as an ingredient. They last about as long as Stirling's bars.
Olive oil soaps have worked really well for my skin (in particular, Alighieri Campostrini). They don't have a strong scent. These bars cost more than Stirling or Beer Soap, but they last me twice as long.

If none of you have ever tried Mistral's, then please try it. My goto is the Mistral Sandalwood Bamboo. Its 10 bucks a bar on amazon but each bar lasts me 2 months and i shower daily, sometimes twice daily, and sometimes my wife is sneaking it in too. It is hard, heavy, so creamy, lathers extremely well, and smells great! I have stirling soaps too and like them, but i just keep buying the Mistral Sandlwood Bamboo and using that.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Sir, I want to give you 3 Italian names to consider: Valobra, I Provenzali and Nesti Dante. All very high quality at a fair price.

I'm quoting myself here to add another great Italian name to the list: Mario Fissi. This brand, almost unknown, produces excellent soaps and has been on the market since 1937. Something I've discovered only recently!

I typically buy Sterling but found the best bang/buck to be shea butter Yardley's. I as well am going to wally world to pick up some of the Kirk's.

I've been using Speick, really like the scent and feel pretty clean afterward.

I have used quite a few Speick products over the years but only picked up a bar of their soap for the first time whilst in Germany last week. Quality stuff- and a great scent.

Top Bottom