What's new

Recommend good weapons for defense against bobcat, coyote, mountain lion

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
It worked in the movies.

1642639284647.png

I admit my original post wasn't worded very well. 15 minutes is not enough time to find and fix typos because I don't usually notice them until the next day after someone responds.

I was talking about Los Angeles county, which does have a restriction on knive length.

I think part of the confusion maybe that I'm asking for two different things, but at the same time hoping the answers are the same. What should I use when I'm in my backyard, and what should I use when I'm outside walking my dogs. I like the idea of a stick and knife for the backyard, but I know those arent going to be legal to cary around outside where I live. Maybe my enthusiasm for these items was misinterpreted.
Yes, I'm familiar with the LA County ordinance. However, I'm also familiar with People v. Bass (1963) 225 Cal.App.2d Supp. 777. As such, it's questionable whether Los Angeles County Ordinances § 13.62.010-020 is enforceable, especially since it's pretty much a verbatim copy of the earlier municipal code that the Bass court invalidated.

There's definitely more to the the nuances of the relevant knife laws than just what the statutes say on their face, which is why I would prefer to engage in a more detailed discussion of the matter in private.

Top Bottom