What's new

Recommend an Aramis

I'd like to try an Aramis scent, but I'm not sure which one would suit me.
Something I can wear as an everyday scent for casual wear. Masculine, but won't offend any noses.
A manly scent that doesn't smell like I've been smoking.

Thoughts?

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I prefer Havana to the original. But that's me. It smells like bay rum.

Have the Tuscan one, but sometimes it reminds me of Italian food! Has an oregano note or something!

AA

The original, but go easy with it. Very masculine. I own three other Aramis scents, to me none of them measure up to the original.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
A vintage original if you can get it but it may be expensive. Failing that a new bottle of the original scent is the way to go. I like the edt and as has been said you don't need much. Scents, or anything else, become classics for a reason and Aramis is fabulous. It is very masculine but may be thought of by some as dated or old fashioned, which it is, and that just fine by me.

There are a lot of good ones, but Havana is my favorite. That said, as it has a dry tobacco leaf base that you appear to want to avoid, maybe JHL or New West would work for your needs.

The original is great and the aftershave splash version of it was stronger than many edt's of today. I'm not sure if the aftershave is still available. As mentioned, Havana is nice. Tuscany is very good as is one of the new flankers, Tobacco Reserve. I haven't tried Aramis Special Blend yet. It's their latest release from last year:

I used 5, Aramis, Havana, Tuscany, modern leather,, tabacco reserve. They are all very good. The only one I dislike is Tuscony, maybe its the patchouli, idk. Havana would probably have the most wide spread appeal, but original and leather are also very good. The tobacco while nice, has a little too much sweetness for me.
You really can't go wrong with any Aramis, considering how cheap they are.

Masculine but won't offend? I do like the original, and I might add Tuscany. I also like Havana, but it might be the most difficult for folks around you.

I almost forgot Tobacco Reserve which is a rather nice semi-sweet tobacco scent. In the dry down, I would say it's similar to L'Occitane Eau des Baux in case you have tried that.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I'm going to retry Tuscany.

From another place ... :tongue_sm :pirate: no not that one

Top: Lavender, bergamot, anise, lime, marjoram, lemon, petitgrain
Middle: Cedarwood, patchouli, geranium, carnation, basil, cinnamon
Base: Moss, amber, musk, leather, tonka

AA

Ad Astra

The Instigator
All right. Tuscan does go on with a nice citrus thing.

As it settles down it reminds a little of Azzaro pour homme (very good).

Hour later drydown, I do pick up the italian herb thing again. But its not unlike Azzaro PH.

AA

Top Bottom