What's new

Recommend an antiperspirant that goes with Bay Rum

My “signature scent” is Ogallala Bay Rum. I’ve always had trouble finding antiperspirants that don’t clash with it. I don’t need something that smells like Bay Rum, just something that doesn’t clash with it. Ogallala makes a deodorant, but it makes me break out for some reason. None of their other products do, but there’s something in the deodorant that doesn’t agree with my skin. Besides, it’s deodorant and I really prefer antiperspirant.

I’ve never found a Bay Rum antiperspirant. I’ve only ever seen it in deodorant form and it’s always from some artisan maker that uses “only the rarest unicorn farts sourced directly from the moons of Pluto by blind paraplegic nuns” and therefore it’s outrageously expensive, and they rarely work.

I’ve been using Old Spice Lasting Legend because it has a nice, woodsy pine aroma, and I thought it complemented the Bay Rum rather nicely. Unfortunately, I think Old Spice may have discontinued it because it’s getting harder and harder to find and when I do find it, it’s ridiculously expensive.

So please help me find something that will work, isn’t impossible to find, and doesn’t require me to take out a second mortgage on my house, if there is such a thing.

Side note: I have used unscented antiperspirant, and that worked, but I’d rather use something that complements the BR.

Any suggestions?

My “signature scent” is Ogallala Bay Rum. I’ve always had trouble finding antiperspirants that don’t clash with it. I don’t need something that smells like Bay Rum, just something that doesn’t clash with it. Ogallala makes a deodorant, but it makes me break out for some reason. None of their other products do, but there’s something in the deodorant that doesn’t agree with my skin. Besides, it’s deodorant and I really prefer antiperspirant.

I’ve never found a Bay Rum antiperspirant. I’ve only ever seen it in deodorant form and it’s always from some artisan maker that uses “only the rarest unicorn farts sourced directly from the moons of Pluto by blind paraplegic nuns” and therefore it’s outrageously expensive, and they rarely work.

I’ve been using Old Spice Lasting Legend because it has a nice, woodsy pine aroma, and I thought it complemented the Bay Rum rather nicely. Unfortunately, I think Old Spice may have discontinued it because it’s getting harder and harder to find and when I do find it, it’s ridiculously expensive.

So please help me find something that will work, isn’t impossible to find, and doesn’t require me to take out a second mortgage on my house, if there is such a thing.

Side note: I have used unscented antiperspirant, and that worked, but I’d rather use something that complements the BR.

Any suggestions?
I use an alum block for an antiperspirant. This works well for me. On top of the antiperspirant, you could use your Ogallala Bay Rum or any scent you like.
Stirling makes a vanilla sandalwood that is reasonably priced and works well with bay rum.

Any suggestions?
I use an alum block for an antiperspirant. on top of the antiperspirant, you could use your Ogallala Bay Rum or any scent you like.
Stirling makes a vanilla sandalwood that works well with bay rum.

Has anyone tried PAA's AA bay rum deodorant?
I haven't, but they have a wide variety of bay rum deodorants.

I'm thinking the OP dodged a bullet. I have the Ogallala Bay Rum deodorant and I hate it. It should be re-named Clove.

The Bay Rum with Lime and Peppercorn is better. I really wish I got the Bay Rum and Sandalwood. I have the Bay Rum and Sandalwood shave stick, and love the scent. Reminds me of Coke.

Top Bottom