What's new

Recommend a Vetiver Fragrance

I still have maybe an oz or so left of Annick Goutal
Oh heck, yeah! I do not understand the discontinuation of this scent. MPG Route de Vetiver (swampy with a note of blackberry or something berry like note, really great stuff) and MPG Racine (more austere, more traditional vetiver) are great. Mazzolari Vetyver, very green, if I recall, maybe I am misremembering. I remember really liking it. Lorenzo Villoresi excellent, very smokey. Powerful.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I really enjoy Fine fresh Vetiver aftershave, it lasts and it makes a person feel good for hrs. It might offend some folks because the scent is stronger than most aftershaves and is more a cologne IMO. I cut it with witch hazel also. (Not sure Fine produces their Vetiver scents at the moment because the manufacture that makes their products went out business from my understanding & is slowly rebuilding his inventory's with another soap manufacture.)

Like you, I used Aqua di Gio from around the 2000s, though also Nautica occasionally for the citrus. Currently, I have switched from Tom Ford OUD to just the essential oil of OUD(really pricy, but lasts....) I'm not really sure if it's your cup o tea but you can get a knockoff on the xbay for under 10 bucks.

1646692435906.png

How about Vetiver by Dana?
I do not know it. I have a slight recollection that Azzaro (sp?) had a vetiver, at least at one time, that was decent.

I think that vetiver was much more common back in the day as a style of scent. I would say it is my favorite. I think I notice the fragrancenet seemed to have the Lorenzo V vetiver on sale. I love it, but it is powerful stuff.

- Terre d'Hermes EdT: most well rounded, but maybe a bit more mature
- Encre Noire: a bit austere but when you can pull off austere, my GOD this is solid
- Encore Noire Sport: the fresher, slightly happier little brother to Encre Noire. The grapefruit freshens it up a bit.
- Tom Ford Grey Vetiver: Simple, sophisticated, well rounded. For some reason I never use it in a casual context though.
- Guerlain Vetiver: The OG. You either love it or you don't. It may feel a bit old school to some, but I can see young people rocking it

I wear them all, I love them all for different reasons and occasions.

Nishane Sultan Vetiver is my alltime favorite, but def on the darker end of the spectrum, along with Encre Noir.
Different Company - Sel De Vetiver, great citrusey vetiver with a saltiness to it

Also:
Guerlain Vetiver
Guerlain Homme L'eau Boisee
Creed original Vetiver
Tom Ford Grey Vetiver

If you’re looking for a fairly straight, high quality vetiver I would recommend trying Etro. I don’t know much about availability since my bottle goes back many years. A shot once in a while is a pleasure.

Top Bottom