What's new

Recommend a Rooney?

I own at least eight Rooney brushes. Let me preface my recommendations with the note that I'm partial to bigger brushes. But without a doubt,I recommend you buying either a Rooney Stubby 2XL or 3XL. Both are absolutely superb brushes in every respect.Not cheap but worth every penny !

Craig

I own at least eight Rooney brushes. Let me preface my recommendations with the note that I'm partial to bigger brushes. But without a doubt,I recommend you buying either a Rooney Stubby 2XL or 3XL. Both are absolutely superb brushes in every respect.Not cheap but worth every penny !

Craig

Oops,my apologies. I got so enthusiastic about the Rooney Stubby XL's I forgot about your price limitations.They are both well beyond your $60 limit !

Craig

I thought I'd provide an update. My Dad has used the Rooney a time or two since I gave it to him for his birthday, and he's thrilled with it. He said it's just about the nicest thing he owns, and I believe him. This is only the third brush he's ever owned, and I've given him two of them -- the Rooney and a cheap Tweezerman that I gave him a few years ago when I re-introduced him to wet shaving (like so many of us, he went through the phase where he used a cartridge razor and a can of goo for many years). His first brush -- which he still has -- was a gift from his father, when he started shaving about 75 years ago. My Dad used that first brush for about 50 years, until the knot was worn down to a nub.

Great story, you did a very nice thing. Now I wish I wouldn't have read this thread. I really want a Rooney brush! The last thing I need is another brush.....

Top Bottom