What's new

Recommend a lavender cream

I have sensitive skin and find most shave creams give me a reaction one way or the other. I tried Kiss my Face Lavender cream and it worked ok but it didn't work well with my brush.

Can you recommend a lavender cream that is mild but lathers well. Thanks.

I've got two recomendations:

1. TOBS Lavender. Its a nice smelling cream that explodes into mounds of lather pretty quickly. Pretty good shave. TOBS is usually pretty good on sensitive skin.

2. Art of Shaving Lavender. I haven't tried it, but I did smell it in the AOS store. The salesman told me all of their products are 100% natural. It seems nice. Its specifically made for sensitive skin. If its anything like the sandalwood (which I own) and the unscented trial I used, you'll be very happy.

+1 for Art of Shaving Lavender. I have been using this for a couple of months now and have not had any trouble. My neck is very finicky about what I use and AoS is very mild. It is expensive, $22.00 for a tub, but it does last a long time and is really not out of line with other high end creams.

Castle Forbes = period end of story

As a sensitive to certain scents and products guy myself, I find the AOS right at the limit of my sensativity....

Castle Forbes = period end of story

As a sensitive to certain scents and products guy myself, I find the AOS right at the limit of my sensativity....
+1 on the CF Lavendar. My neck is sensitive and this fit the bill. Great lathers too. I suggest trying a sample. Just search BB and you will find sources for fine samples.

AOS or Castle Forbes - both use real EO and decent quality ingredients. They also happen to smell great. I have tried most of the competition and for lavender they aren't worth the time IMO.

I say AoS. I would recommend CF, but their quality control and less-than-decent packaging makes me think that $35 is a rip off for their creams.

If you don't mind a soap, get QED Lavender.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
+1 on the CF
But if the AOS is as good in Lavender as it is in Sandalwood, then its a great choice, too!

Castle Forbes is one of my favorite creams, both in lavender and lime. I've not tried AoS lavender shaving cream, but I have their shaving soap, and it too smells wonderful.

Is Harris lavender cream good? It seems to be well liked in the review section.

Absolutely! Talk to Jim at Vintage Blades. He'll set you up with one of the older tubs that still has the Royal Seal and is colored purple. The stuff smells PHENOMENAL, is cheaper than Forbes and lathers like a demon.

I would like to try Forbes some day, but I've been told by a few that its only a couple of notches up the scale from DR Harris.

That said...why change?

The AoS lavender is as advertised - very good for sensitive skin, and the scent is very good and authentic.

I would recommend it over CF only to save yourself the $13 premium on the CF lavender.

Top Bottom