What's new

Recommend a Current Production Adjustable

What about Vikings Blade? I saw this one and know nothing about it.
I have a Viking Meiji and the QShave Parthenon (similar design to the Weishi). The Viking is okay and I found the Qshave unusable. I also have an S-Blade adjustable that is utter rubbish (but I paid $12 for it including shipping).

Once you get much above $130 that is very much the question. If you want an adjustable razor made in the US entirety of 316L stainless steel then there is a price to be paid.
Agreed. $150 is still in the reasonable range. Not so sure about $350, but will consider it.
[EDIT] Of course with the money I have spent buying many razors over the years, pretty sure I could have bought two of these ;)

I think this is the list, if I captured it all

HomeLikeShaving Taiga
Karve
Merkur Futur
Merkur Progress / Mergress
Parker Variant
Pearl Flexi
Rex Ambassador
Rex Konsul
Rockwell T2
Rocnel Sailor
Tatara Muramasa
Yaqi Final Cut

Last edited:
For adjustables I have a Gillette Slim, Gillette Super Speed, Fatboy and Rockwell T2. I do not super love the Rockwell T2. It seems more like the Super Speed as far as blade exposure and feel but the head is huge and it is overall large and cumbersome so it's harder to maneuver than the vintage ones. I wish they had made it a little smaller. The head is much wider than the width of a de razor blade so seems like the size is unnecessary. I also get more rash/weepers after using the T2 than almost any other razor I own. Maybe should have gotten a Pearl Flexi or Rex Ambassador though the price tag on the latter puts me off.

The only two modern adjustables that I have used are the two Merkurs, the Progress and the Futur. The Progress has more visual appeal for me, but the Futur gives me closer, more comfortable shaves. So the Progress was sold (sometimes I regret that choice) and the Futur is my sole adjustable razor. If you can get past it's ungainly looks and give yourself a chance to get comfortable with it, it is an excellent razor.
Ok - corrcetion on my last reply to you. It was the Vision, not the Futur that my brother has that is so big and clumsy. I am moving the Futur up on my list.

I can without question recommend the Pearl Flexi. I got one a few weeks ago and lobe it. Im in the process of trying out different blades with it to see what works best for me. It shaves so good its making choosing a blade difficult.

I am going with the Merkur Futur.
Why? Becuse I have it.
Why again? Because I enjoy using it.
Really... Come on. Why? Because I also think it looks cool.
And having the adjustible settings is really nice.

I think I would be happy with any of the ones recommended in this thread, so tough choice. I need to get some shaving cream, I may just add one of these in the cart at that time.

I am not familiar with all the currently manufactured asjustable razors. I do have a Homelike Taiga in titanium, which is a terrific razor, but not currently available, thanks to that idiot Putin. I would give serious thought to the Tatara, and I figure I’ll break down and get one sometime later this year. I understand Tatara is going to have models in titanium, so I might delay purchase a bit longer. I do
love titanium, and have many edc items in that material.
Jack

Top Bottom