What's new

Recommend a cooling mentholated shaving cream

TOBS Peppermint is on my radar.

Tried some Razorock SMDF yesterday…ingredients include menthol and eucalyptus but there presence is very muted. All I got was the floral tobacco and a stron whiff of furniture polish/turpentine, which I guess would be the camphor. Didnt mind it at all.

Let us not forget Edwin Jagger's offering of cooling menthol. They sell it as a cream or soap. The cream is an excellent performer for me, beats the pants off of Proraso Green. A bit pricey unless you buy it directly from their website. If you are cheap like me, you wait until they have a deal on international shipping.

TOBS peppermint is amazing. Great scent, affordable, very cooling and I swear it performs better than the other flavors of TOBS. One of my favorites for sure.

Proraso green is the standard all others are measured against. There are stronger out there for sure, just depends on your preference. Proraso is very cooling, without freezing your face off.

I Coloniali Soothing Rhubarb Shaving Cream

Attachments

• i-Coloniali-Rituals-for-Men-Softening-Shaving-Cream-_1.jpg
    i-Coloniali-Rituals-for-Men-Softening-Shaving-Cream-_1.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 11
I've been using Caties Bubbles "Mile High Menthol" of late... I've been getting great shaves from it; super dense, super slick lather with a good amount of residual slickness for touch ups .... but it is a bit pricey compared to Proraso and I must admit I like the scent of Proraso green better, the CB seems to be a little camphor heavy. Summer has only just finished for us (but we're still getting warm mornings) so I am still enjoying the cooling effect from the eucalyptus and menthol.

Proraso green is the standard all others are measured against. There are stronger out there for sure, just depends on your preference. Proraso is very cooling, without freezing your face off.

I shaved with Proraso Green yesterday….took a couple of minutes of face lathering before the coolness kicked in. It lasts throughout the shave but only a short time after. Was hoping for something in the same vein but a lot stronger and longer lasting…without peeling my skin off, of course.

Wow!...surprised no one mentioned Fine Accoutrements. Their snake bite soap and aftershave are menthol on crack.

I enjoy green Proraso soap, but have never tried the cream. I have used Atkinson, Ingram, & Palmolive menthol creams, and I like all three. Ingram gives me the best shave, but the other two are a bit more stable chemically. Ingram starts to separate in the tube after a while, although a few good shakes has remedied that problem (so far).

Proraso pre-shave with ANY soap will give you a cooling, mentholated shave.

For a stand alone mentholated cream, I reach for I Colonali Soothing shaving cream with rhubarb. It has just a kiss of menthol, not a facemelter.

Top Bottom