What's new

Recommend a cooling mentholated shaving cream

I loved the subtle, cooling, mentholated effect of ADP….but that is not an option this time around.

Any other creams that offer something menthol focused?

I found Proraso Eucalptus and Meißner Mint Ice Menthol….and there is a significant price gap between these two.

Any others or does the above cover it?

PS. As a side note I also looked at the after shave balm variants of the Proraso and Meißner. Which of the two would you say fits the bill. I don't want to pay 20 euros more just for 5% more cooling…..you know what I mean?

Cremo menthol is great. I'm not a fan of how it doesn't lather, but it does work alone or (my preference) as an additive to your favorite cream or soap. You can also dissolve menthol crystals in glycerin and add it to anything.

Proraso white and blue also have menthol in addition to the green that you mentioned. The blue cream is one of the best smelling products that I own, although the menthol feels much more subtle in this to the point where I sort of stopped noticing it after several shaves. White and green have a much stronger menthol kick.

Can't go wrong with Proraso green. I have the white and blue as well. Both have menthol but very, very subtle in comparison to the green. If you want a slap in the face that will make your eyes water, use Shave Den's Subzero shave cream The Shave Den Shop. They have an unscented wheat cream that you add scent to and then level of menthol. Choose "Subzero" and add +1 menthol or just go with the standard menthol level. Good scent and probably all you'd want menthol-wise. Have fun and good luck!

The Indian creams are heavily mentholated: Dettol Cool, Godrej Menthol Mist.

Some of the artisan cream makers have menthol options. Plus if you want it to be really strong you could buy menthol crystals to add to any cream you like.

Or you can superlather to make some interesting combinations. I like using any lime or citrus soap mixed with Dettol Cool to make a chilling limey superlather.

Proraso Green!
AOS Peppermint!

proxy.php

proxy.php

Proraso Green (in the tub) is the most mentholated soap I've tried to date... You could also try Stirlings Lemon Chill, or Margaritas in the Arctic, and finish off the shave with matching mentholated AS.. A great way to start the day in dog-days of summer

Top Bottom