What's new

Recommend a budget Stainless Steel head & handle ?

razorock by far and it's not even close. they have the best heads and 316 handles around and for affordable prices.

My 2 newest razorock handles are the bulldog and super knurl (my #1 razorock handle as of now)

I will give my opinion in case the OP decides to revisit the stainless steel options in the future;

I really like my Razorock Game changer .84. It works very well, it is easy to use and the quality is top notch.
Remember, the Game Changes clamp the blade quite firmly and that makes a difference.
Personally I found the handles to be relatively heavy. I guess I prefer the shorter ones like the Bulldog or the Barber Pole because of that and the fact that I hold the razor quite close to the head so I don't really use the end (half?) of the handle.

Maybe the GC. 68SB. But what I love about the Merkur razors I have yet to find a blade they don't like. They work great with every blade I've tried. But I prefer them with sharper blades like the Nacets.

IMO the problem with the RazoRock offerings if you buy them from Italian Barber & you don't love them you can't return them. Which forces you to sell them or trade them on a forum. Before I bought the 30C I was tempted to buy a Lupo .72 but decided to pass. Since there are times my RR GC disappoints me with either the .68 or .84 plate. But YMMV.

What I really love about the 30C is the black resin handle. I find it extremely grippy & feels like a rubber handle. Can't complain about the shave either. The Merkur 33C, 34C & 30C just work extremely well for my every day shaving needs.
If a Razorock container is broken they refuse to replace it due to shipping. They refund your $2.50 but it was a gift set so my brother-in-law received a defective products. So I unfortunately shop elsewhere. Too bad their economy soaps are marvelous.

Would never recommend a Fendrihan... had a MKII for a couple years, even tried revisiting it. So bad that I threw it in recyclables last year as it wasn't deemed good enough to even PIF

Mine arrived with a defect that probably would have made it behave badly like yours: the top cap was pretty badly saddle shaped, almost like someone tightened it so hard that it bent the cap in towards the middle.

But customer service was good about it once they saw my pictures of it and sent a whole replacement razor, which so far (one shave) seems to be in good shape.

Seems like the head being cast metal instead of machined gives them extra QC issues.

Mine arrived with a defect that probably would have made it behave badly like yours: the top cap was pretty badly saddle shaped, almost like someone tightened it so hard that it bent the cap in towards the middle.

But customer service was good about it once they saw my pictures of it and sent a whole replacement razor, which so far (one shave) seems to be in good shape.

Seems like the head being cast metal instead of machined gives them extra QC issues.

Mine was fine that way. Found that the casting method made the bar unpleasant. Not smooth at all and since I shave steep it was very very uncomfortable, the razor is also aggressive.

Mine was fine that way. Found that the casting method made the bar unpleasant. Not smooth at all and since I shave steep it was very very uncomfortable, the razor is also aggressive.

Yeah it is definitely aggressive. Going to see if I survive putting a Feather in it for my next shave, lol. I shave shallow much more often than steep, so the bar doesn't really bother me so much. I don't think I would buy another cast razor in the future, though. Not when something like a RazoRock is only $10-20 more.

I have a dozen razors, including a Merkur, but the one I prefer to use every day is a Neatto - £3.49 on Ebay UK. Buy it and tell me if you can find anything wrong with it. It's medium mild.

Stainless steel is unnecessary if you're on a budget. I have a zamak R41 and a stainless one (R41GS), but then I'm not on a budget. I can barely tell the difference when shaving and I could buy several zamak ones for the price of the GS. Ali Express is a good source of cheap and novel handles; if you're patient and not too risk averse.

I have two Game Changers and think they are fine razors and they don't cost an arm and a leg. However, I don't use them, anymore. I bought a Henson and that spoiled me. I know it is not stainless, but it is titanium.

Top Bottom